INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Improper pausing on playback for very small self-made .mp3 voice file  (Read 1504 times)

David353

• Recent member

My context is that for a tango 'practica' (practice tango session),  I'm placing a short self-made voice audio intro before each group of songs.

The voice audio is very short about 2-3 seconds long.

What I'm finding is that I can't play these 'intro' files by themselves in the playlist.  If I double-click on this short audio file in the playlist, the behavior is strange and wrong.  The slider (I don't know what you call it ... for the amount of file played so far) advances, but  very unevenly, while there is total silence.  Then the slider sticks as at the end of the song.  Then,  it is paused!  If I now hit 'play' it goes on to the next song, skipping the intro.

Time is also wasted in this strange silence.  For example, for a 3-second song, about 6 seconds of silence passes before the slider reaches the end of the song.

The 'intro' file plays fine if it is not first in a playlist.  In other words, if there is another song before it,  it plays properly.

What is up?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Are they ordinary MP3?  What sample rate?

What are you playing to?

You might check how you have the settings for what happens when you double click.  Look under General > Behavior.

David353

• Recent member

Jim, I'm using Audacity defaults for generating the .mp3s.  I don't understand the question 'are they ordinary .mp3s' but I presume so; I certainly haven't done anything strange.  The bitrate lists as around 110 in JRiver.

When it plays it plays perfectly.

I'm undure I understand the question, 'what are you playing to?'.  I have left Zone and audio path at defaults, if that's what you're asking.  It's just going out on my built-in laptop speakers.

I have discovered now that it fails in the way described SOMETIMES when reached in the play sequence after another song;  it fails ALWAYS when I try to play it first by double-clicking on it in the playlist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up