INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customized View  (Read 6171 times)

moon-audio

• Recent member
Customized View
« on: May 10, 2017, 09:18:23 am »

I could use some help with Customizing a view. Ideally, I would like it to look and act like the attached image that was taken from MediaMonkey software. I like this format view of all other options in JRiver. But JRiver is far superior to Media Monkey in so many other ways. If I can match this style of view I will be in Heavan.

I tried to modify a Panes view which seems like the best place to start. But I am having issues trying to get exactly what I want. I can't seem to remove the top Tree column pane above the lower pane. I can eliminate all but one column but want the whole pane to go away.

I also notice that I can't do entire library shuffle in Panes view like you can in Files view. I tried to modify File view but can't get then the songs to tie to one album artwork like in Panes view. The Album artwork thumbnail is so small you can't see it and is tagged to all songs.

In Pane view when I add the column Album Artist and then sort id does not show the Album Artists. Why is it blank. The same files are imported into MediaMonkey and the Artist Album column is populated.

Is this possible?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Customized View
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 10:13:21 am »

Something along the lines of the attached do you?

moon-audio

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 10:20:42 am »

Exactly!!! What do I have to do? And is there a way to back this up to a file so that it can be loaded on multiple computers so they are all consistent?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 10:57:41 am »

OK, baby steps to start off with...
First of all, go to your library folder, by default, located at: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 22\Library\

Once there, look for a folder called "Saved Views". If it is not there, create it.
Download the attached zip file and extract the file it contains into this 'Saved Views" folder.

Next, in Media Center, click on "Audio" in the tree on the left, then, in the top toolbar, click on View > Add View > Add Library View
This will launch the 'View Picker'.
Look for the item called "Music", shown in the attached screen snip, and double click on it to add it to your tree.

I'm not sure where you are on the MC learning curve (welcome aboard btw :)) but, a read of these links might help with some of your questions...
"Customise View" primer: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0
"Album Artist (Auto) Explained": http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33255.0

The Album Artist (Auto) is old, and long, but still current today. It basically works like this:
If the 'artist' field is populated, and the 'album artist' field is blank, 'album artist (auto)'='artist'
If the 'artist' field is populated, and the 'album artist' field is populated, 'album artist (auto)'='album artist'
If the tracks from the album are tagged with different artists, and 'album artist' is empty, 'album artist (auto)'=(Multiple Artists)

As for propogating the view to other systems, you can use the same method as outlined above on each computer to move the view around, or alternatively, and perhaps preferrably if the systems are on the same network, learn more about using MC in a Client/Server configuration. That way, the views are maintained on the server, and all clients receive the same views from that server.

One last note about the view I've shared your way... I've set as "Panes on the Left", then collapsed the panes section using the little bar that separates it from the files list. Look for the vertical bar that has the two little triangles on it. There will be two, one for the tree. When you load the view, the panes will be visible. Use this splitter to hide them if you prefer to have it that way.

-marko

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 11:02:59 am »

Oh, yeah, one more thing about "Album grouped" views you might find useful...

The album art images are only eye candy. You cannot interact with them. Clicking on the art selects the file behind it, and if there's no file behind it, it does nothing.
However, you can start playback of an entire album by simply double clicking anywhere on the album group header.

-marko

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 11:12:54 am »

Exactly!!! What do I have to do? And is there a way to back this up to a file so that it can be loaded on multiple computers so they are all consistent?
If marko uploads to Doctor Who (part of MC, under Playlists), you could download.

moon-audio

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 11:24:07 am »

So I went to 'View Picker'. And Music is not an option. How do I add that?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 12:07:07 pm »

Did you complete these steps?
First of all, go to your library folder, by default, located at: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 22\Library\

Once there, look for a folder called "Saved Views". If it is not there, create it.
Download the attached zip file and extract the file it contains into this 'Saved Views" folder.

moon-audio

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 12:15:00 pm »

Nevermind looks like you forgot to tell me to download your attached file. Perfect I have loaded it. But not quite the same as yours. Ignoring the colors, how do I get rid of the column between the Playing Now panel and the Music. It has Artist Tree and Album Tree below?

moon-audio

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 12:20:35 pm »

Found the triangles, to get rid of the panel. Because of my color scheme, I could not see.

Now I still have the issue that I can only shuffle within each album. How do I shuffle the whole library?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 12:30:56 pm »

Breathe :)
Nevermind looks like you forgot to tell me to download your attached file.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 12:33:48 pm »

Now I still have the issue that I can only shuffle within each album. How do I shuffle the whole library?
I can see from your screenshot that you already have shuffle enabled.
click on any file in your file list, press: Ctrl+a followed by "Enter"

-marko

moon-audio

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 01:32:06 pm »

Brilliant that worked. Man it is the little shortcuts like this that are the hardest to figure out:) Thanx for all your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up