INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting from iTunes  (Read 1794 times)

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
Converting from iTunes
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:07:38 am »

Is there any benefit for someone who uses it to play music and watch dvd's and blu rays in this new version?

Also would like to know if JRiver will ever offer the ability to play the HD audio from the blu ray discs?

It is great software, in fact the best I ever used for my music and films...I am wanting to phase out Itunes altogether..and have everything I bought on JRiver...most of which are from CD's but I spent around 900 odds on buying Itunes music which was a huge mistake IMO..so I am hoping to get everything on to JRiver and only use JRiver...but also my HD audio is important to me, so it is a shame I can not get that on JRiver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Converting from iTunes
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 08:56:23 am »

If you look at the history of each of the new builds that are posted, you will see that the improvements and fixes are not just video.

If you bought music from Apple recently (last 3 years?) you can use MC to play it.  If it was earlier, you can convert it.  Search for Apple Match.

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 11:06:11 am »

JimH thank you very much, I have googled about Itunes match...and that seems to be what I have to do..I am sorry about the large format,I felt it was quite helpful for me to be able read my posts back in large text to make sure I had spelled as many words as correctly as possible...but I reckon maybe people do not want to see it that way..
But yes I stopped buying I tunes music sometime ago when I realized about compression when buying online music..so I stopped but I had bought quite a lot..so I am going to try this Itunes match thing, it seems I have to pay around £21 for a yearly subscription,it is only going to take me a day to convert them all..thanks again very helpful response. ;)

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 11:24:46 am »

it looks like if I get this Itunes match it will replace my files with DRM free music (unprotected) and also at a higher sample rate than the original download...that is fantastic...only downside it seems if some of the music I purchased from the Itunes library years ago, is no longer on Itunes, of course it will not be matched but I reckon I will get most of them...thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up