INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using multiple tabs / switching libraries  (Read 1890 times)

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
Using multiple tabs / switching libraries
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:58:06 pm »

Hello :) A little wish regarding multiple tabs:
When using multiple tabs (which I love! :) ) and then switching the library, the properties of these tabs in use are getting lost.
To illustrate that:
01) here are tabs that I am using in my main library
02) when switching to another library and then back to my main it looks like this  :-\

So, all tabs need to be readjusted, when switching a library.

Proposed solution: Storing the nr of tabs and their content with each library (!) and not system-wide.
So switching libraries would not change the assoc tabs at all.
Would that make sense??

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using multiple tabs / switching libraries
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 01:32:42 pm »

Are you familiar with the ability to save your tabs and splits as a preset?  View > Load/Save View

I have several presets configured for different ways of looking at my library, or tasks I want to do.  You could save your favorite one (or more than one) and then just call it up to bring back your tabs after switching libraries.

BTW, switching libraries shouldn't be necessary very often.  You don't need separate libraries for most tasks in MC.  If you want to look at two things that are in two libraries in the same listening session, those items should not be in separate libraries.  You might want to explore MC's capabilities of keeping most everything in the same library, yet having different views to see different parts of that one large library.

Good luck.

Brian.

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 01:45:34 pm »

Hey Brian  :) Thank you so much for the hint! Just tested the View > Load/Save View and it works like a charm!  :) ;D Yes, thats not only the solution for my problem, but even gives additional options!

And yes, you are absolutely right - switching libraries is not necessary that often. In rare cases I use it temporarily, but as of yet app. 2000 movies and about 7000CD's are in my main library and working perfectly!  :) :)

Thanks again for your hint!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 02:12:34 pm »

:) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up