INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Little help with Zones and Zoneswitching  (Read 1394 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
A Little help with Zones and Zoneswitching
« on: May 22, 2017, 10:00:04 am »

I had posted this in another forum but may have better chance on getting help here.

I have a question in regards to Zones.....

I've read the wiki pretty much on how zoning works and in my current theater/mancave room, I have my htpc setup running JRiver on it for video and audio needs. The AVR I am using is the Denon X2300W and I am doing a 5.1 setup. So with that, I can use the two remaining channels on the AVR for the secondary zone for just music listening.

I have separate floor-standing speakers just for music listening and bookshelf speakers for movies. I know I can create a zone for just movies and one for just music listening on separate audio devices But how would I have it switch automatically if I wanted to just listen to music within the Theater View? I don't really need to have the projector on for music listening though if I can control it through say my tablet or phone. I tried reading on the Zoneswitch feature but don't totally understand how it works. Usually I know zones are used when one wants to pipe music to a different room, but in my case I am doing it in the same room, just switching from 5.1 to the 2 channel whenever I get into music listening mode. I have a separate sound card (M-Audio Audiophile 2496) just for 2-channel music listening.

Thanks for any help!

ST

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: A Little help with Zones and Zoneswitching
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:54:38 pm »

What do you mean switching in Theater View? You can tell in Zone switch to play 2.0 to a particular sound card or audio device and it will automatically switch between 2.0 and 5.1.

If you could post your zone setting and switch setting image, others could be able to understand your question better.
My complete system setup in website
Pages: [1]   Go Up