INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do not record programs not working correctly for consecutive repeats  (Read 1699 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

When 2 repeats of the same show are aired consecutively MC will record about a minute of the second show before realizing it shouldn't record it and stop the recording.

See snapshots attached.   

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Do not record programs not working correctly for consecutive repeats
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:41:29 pm »

So the repeat show follows the original show immediately?  I will need to check to see if I missed this corner case.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 10:24:08 pm »

Hi Yaobing.  Yes and it happens fairly often on AMC, Bravo, FX and maybe other specialized channels where they will air the same episode back to back.

As an FYI I set my subscriptions to "DO not record programs that have been recorded in the past" instead of Do not record reruns in case of an MC crash or other PC issues or the Colossus is busy recording a hockey game or something else during prime time.   I know those series will be repeated eventually...

I actually love how this all works!  The subscription setup has become very flexible and works great once you get the hang of it (setting up priorities right by tweaking all options/rules available.  I rarely miss a show and can get full episodes of older shows (Humans on AMC is a good example) While ensuring Higher priority hockey games or else get recorded :)

Thanks for looking into it!!

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:35:35 am »

Yaobing this is still an issue and a fix would be appreciated.  In this case "Better Call Saul" from AMC will be recorded (wanted) and minutes of the repeat (unwanted) if aired consecutively.

A few popular specialized channels such as AMC (in this case), FX and Bravo will air their same "popular" show consecutively.
This will mean I may miss another wanted show at the following hour on another channel.

This would not be an issue if I had "Do not record reruns" checked but I'm leaving it unchecked to make sure I get the recording of a rerun if:
1. Another show that has a higher priority needs to be recorded by the Colossus.
2. MC crashed and/or is not Active.

See snapshots for more details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up