More > JRiver Media Center 23 for Windows

Multi EPG Feedback

<< < (2/3) > >>

Yaobing:
Right now you can do the following to specify using a particular EPG method for a particular channel.  It will require some individual tweaking of channels.

If you want to use two different online methods and use one for some channels, and the other for some other channels, you run EPG loading manually, and when the first EPG mode's XMLTVID matching window pops up, clear the ID for channels that you do not want to use that particular EPG mode.  Then, when the second matching window pops up, make sure those channels are associated with the IDs of the second method.

If you need to mix OTA EPG with online EPG, clear all XMLTV IDs that you want to be handled in OTA, and use the option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (ATSC only), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" (I should have removed the words "(ATSC only)" since we support OTA scan for DVB already).

jmone:

--- Quote from: Yaobing on June 11, 2017, 04:35:59 pm ---If you need to mix OTA EPG with online EPG clear all XMLTV IDs that you want to be handled in OTA, and use the option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (ATSC only), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" (I should have removed the words "(ATSC only)" since we support OTA scan for DVB already).

--- End quote ---
Works Perfectly and I've never tired that check box (yes it needs the ATSC wording removed).  You should also clear the existing EPG first.  Thanks Yaobing!

RoderickGI:
Excellent.

I hardly ever change my EPG or TV setup, so I don't notice these new capabilities.

jmone:
Any one else not having the EPG auto refresh?  Works fine when I go into Tools--> Options--> Television--> Load Program Guide--> Run selected profiles now.  Both the ICETV and the EPG runs and populates data.

I notice in the main "Television View" that the "Program guide last refreshed: Date/Time" does not seem to update even after the 30min interval set for the ICETV update passes. 

RoderickGI:
Mine is still working fine, but I'm still on MC22.0.110. What version are you on?

If still on MC22, and this is happening since you made your changes as above, what timeout do you have set for the EPG load? If the timeout expires before it finished, MC kills the external EPG collection process, and all data is lost, and the load Date/Time might not get updated. I know it kills the external process, but can't remember if it aborts the remaining EPG processing completely.

Hang on, you said;

--- Quote from: jmone on June 22, 2017, 10:35:28 pm ---Both the ICETV and the EPG runs and populates data.
--- End quote ---

Did you mean that happens when you do a manual run, not on the schedule?

I'm pretty sure a manual run ignores the timeout setting. Or it used to, when the setting was hard coded at 10 minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version