INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording tv without episode numbers  (Read 2347 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
Recording tv without episode numbers
« on: June 10, 2017, 07:05:29 am »

hi all Sadly just found out that my tv guide which includes season and episode numbers are all wrong but title of episodes are ok same as tvdb so least one thing is ok lol, anyway my question is , . Is there a way to make jriver record a tv show without S01E01 in the recording format it saves to , because i've also notice that jriver will scrape using the episode title so no need for s01e01 etc , any help on this would be great . im in uk using schedules direct . just want to know how to make jriver record tv without putting S01e01 into the file just want the name of the show . example jriver records american dad s01e01 blah blah.... but i want to record as this american dad blah blah ( with me?)

many thanks in advance

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recording tv without episode numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 05:13:17 pm »

MC puts the Season and Episode numbers into the file name if it finds that information in the EPG data.

Bad quality EPG data is always going to be an issue. But it could be that SD are just going through a bad patch. I thought SD either provided good data, or none at all for those tags, when using their standard API. If you have the paid for version of mc2xml and are using that for SD, set it to use the JSON interface, rather than the standard API. I believe that the JSON interface provides better data, including Season and Episode numbers.

Search the forum for how to do it. CountryBumkin has written it up.

Note: While you could use the tagging by Recording Rule function to remove the bad data, that happens after the file is named I believe, so that won't help. Trying to change the file name by tagging rules is also possible, but I'm not sure how much success you will have, and what other problems that will create. Certainly you would have to run the "Get Movie & TV Info" function again after the shows are imported. Also, there are third party programs that will "clean" EPG data. You could try searching the internet for them, and trying them out. Most are old though. Again, it would complicate your EPG collection system to need to run multiple programs to collect and then clean the data. Better to fix the problem at the source.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 07:52:25 pm »

just want to know how to make jriver record tv without putting S01e01 into the file just want the name of the show . example jriver records american dad s01e01 blah blah.... but i want to record as this american dad blah blah ( with me?)

In the last step of your TV recording setup, there is an item called "Apply these tags (optional)".   Add a Custom tag, choose "Filename (name)" for Field, and use an expression that does not include Season and episode number for "Value".  For example you can use [Series] - [Name] - FormatDate([Date Recorded, 0], yyyy-MM-dd), or some more complicated expression that would, for example, test whether [Series] is empty and use it only if not empty, etc.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 12:00:20 am »

Yaobing, could you clarify the sequence that these events happens for a TV recording (listed in no particular order)?

The recording file or file set is created.
The file is named.
The file is imported into the MC Library.
The "Get Movie & TV Info" function is run for the file.
The tags specified in the Recording Rule are applied to the file.

I guess the last two are important in this case, and the first three would seem to be in a logical order, but you never know.

Thanks.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 06:41:45 am »

Yaobing, could you clarify the sequence that these events happens for a TV recording (listed in no particular order)?

1.  Before recording starts, a filename name is formatted.  [Filename (name)] or [Filename] specified in the "Apply these tags" is used if exists, but not [Filename (path)] (in case of [Filename], only the name part is used, the path part is deferred).

2.  Recording starts, and the recording file or file set is created, at location specified in TV Options.

3. The file is imported into the MC Library (as soon as recording is started).

4. When recording ends, the rest of tags specified in the Recording Rule are applied to the file.  This might involve moving the recordings according to [Filename (path)]/[Filename] specification.

The "Get Movie & TV Info" function is run for the file.

I will have to check to see where this is applied.  I am guessing at step 4 above.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 06:06:59 pm »

Thanks Yaobing. That is good information.

Please do check when the "Get Movie & TV Info" function is run, as it seems to me that sometimes it is missed, or only partially completed. That could be because there are existing tags that the "Get Movie & TV Info" function won't overwrite, or there could be some other issue. I probably need to try to test that properly and start another thread for it, but knowing when it is run will help testing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up