INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this possible? Multi-channel with USB mixer  (Read 1819 times)

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.
Is this possible? Multi-channel with USB mixer
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:29:47 pm »

I have a Soundcraft signature 22 mtk mixer. it has 14 mono channels and then 5 Stereo pairs. What I would like to do is to use each of those channels for surround. Ie Channel 1 and 2 front speakers channel 3 and 4 side speakers, Channel 6 LFE and so on.. I want just want to know if this is possible.. and if so how to go about doing it. The mixer is capable of sending 24 channels of 24 bit 48 kilohertz audio down a single USB line.

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is this possible? Multi-channel with USB mixer
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:36:55 pm »

Yes it is certainly possible to do that.
There's a couple of ways to route the audio, either with ASIO tools (providing your mixer has ASIO drivers and a software mixer available for it) or, using routing in the JRiver MC DSP engine. (ASIO4ALL - is another way of potentially doing this if you don't have native ASIO driver for the mixer)

Here's an older external reference for how you would do this with ASIO using an external ASIO mixer to route the audio. It's still relevant as the JRiver audio architecture hasn't changed.
http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/201366how-to-replace-your-home-theater-pre-pro-with-a-htpc/

I'm pretty sure using the JRiver DSP there's a few ways to do this but I'd probably recommend trying the above first as this would require quite a bit of understanding of JRiver DSP to be able to do it without some serious handholding and instruction.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Is this possible? Multi-channel with USB mixer
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 06:32:39 am »

Here's an older external reference for how you would do this with ASIO using an external ASIO mixer to route the audio. It's still relevant as the JRiver audio architecture hasn't changed.
http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/201366how-to-replace-your-home-theater-pre-pro-with-a-htpc/

Great article. Thanks for sharing Hilton! Making one small change in room correction was amazing :-\
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up