INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import file(s) to Main Library  (Read 1899 times)

cowilliams

• Recent member
Import file(s) to Main Library
« on: July 03, 2017, 03:10:43 pm »

I trying to find the feature/option to default files opened in JRiver MC23 to add them to the Main library.  I have multiple drives on my network and right now they are not "copying" to the main library, but staying on the drive they exist on.  I'm sure it is very simple, but I've not been able to figure it out...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import file(s) to Main Library
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 03:22:47 pm »

Welcome. 

Tools > Import > Auto Import

Set the directories you want MC to import and then edit them to set file types if necessary.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 03:48:07 pm »

Also, when you import files into MC, it does NOT MOVE THEM.  MC just makes a reference to each file in it's internal database.  Then it knows where to find the file.

If you actually want to move files around, you will probably want to use the Rename, Move, and Copy files tool.

Feel free to ask more questions if you'd like.

Brian.

shAf

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 05:25:51 pm »

I too generally import from, or RIP to, a location that in the end will not be the final destination. Everyone manages their media files differently, and MC provides the tools for anything you require (menu: Library Tools). Another valuable tool is "shell integration" which can be enabled via 'Option=>General'. Reboot, and now you can rt-click any media file listed in Windows file explorer, and choose 'Media Center=>import'.

While the file is in that initial location I (personally) choose to make sure the tags are at least correct. Then I use 'Library Tools=>Rename-Copy-Move' to move the files. The dialog is powerful but complex, but play with it. In the end you'll be able to use the tool to rename or put files where you want them based on tags.  (e.g., drive:[Genre]\[Artist]\[Track#] - [Name] ...)

HTH :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 01:55:16 am »

shAf gave you the solution.

Import all files to your library. Mark the files which ones you want to move. Press F6 and set the place, names and other points you like.

For me it works fine.

be careful with this tool - it’s very good, powerful but also a bit risky if you use the wrong parameters.

tc
Stefan
Wake up and slow down 😴
Pages: [1]   Go Up