INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC won't use correct DAC driver  (Read 1097 times)

John G

• Recent member
MC won't use correct DAC driver
« on: July 05, 2017, 12:21:09 pm »

I have two PCs running MC 21 as renderers. PC1 is in my listening room and talks to a DSD-capable DAC (exaSound e12), and PC2 outputs to a Dragonfly DAC and plays "background music" elsewhere in the house. The music files all live on NAS and are accessible to either PC.

I can make either PC a library server, but would like to use PC2 (the non-DSD capable one) as the library server so I can turn off PC1 when I'm not listening to it. The difficulty is that when I try to access music on PC1 using PC2 as the library server, PC2 attempts to convert DSD files to PCM, presumably so that the Dragonfly DAC can play them, even though I really want to play them over PC1 as native DSD.

Is there some way I can persuade PC2 to simply deliver the files to PC1 without resampling? I don't want to have two library servers because changes to one server won't be reflected in the other.

Any suggestions or pointers to previous posts that address this topic would be appreciated!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC won't use correct DAC driver
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 03:03:51 pm »

I think the setting you are looking for is:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Client Options > Audio Conversion > Conversion > (no conversion)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up