INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Activate two zones simultaneously  (Read 2058 times)

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Activate two zones simultaneously
« on: July 05, 2017, 02:26:04 am »

I have currently activated two zones: one for music with audio coming out of the Essence ST analogue board and the other for movies with bitstream audio through the hdmi of the video card.

I would like to run the two zones simultaneously (though through the output spdif of the sound card) but I can not.
In switch zones I set in such a way that both work and hdmi did not set it on wasapi and exclusive output.

Although this does not work: is not it really possible?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: Activate two zones simultaneously
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:36:38 am »

You can have multiple zones playing at once. I don't understand how you have it setup though (possibly because of this line "though through the output spdif of the sound card" which seems like it must be a typo), perhaps a pic of your zoneswitch dialog will help.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 02:49:00 am »

I meant to use the optical output of the sound card and the hdmi output of the video card.

Just can I attach the screens of the various settings.

Thank you

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 03:27:03 am »

As mattkhan said, you can play different things in the different zones at the same time (if you don't instruct Zone Switch to stop playback in the other zones, you can even use it to help).

However, currently you cannot easily output a movie's audio over two different zones, that mode is not supported - if that's what you are referring to.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 12:24:06 am »

In fact, that's what I wanted to get: listen to the sound of a movie from both outputs.

From hdmi to loudspeakers and sound card to the wireless headset amplifier (the latter for people who have hearing problems).

Thanks the same and excuse my english by google translator :)

DJLegba

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 06:23:35 am »

From hdmi to loudspeakers and sound card to the wireless headset amplifier (the latter for people who have hearing problems).

We tried that for my mother but she was so used to not hearing background noises that hearing them through the headphones really bothered her. In the end she preferred subtitles. I'm not saying headphones won't work in your case, but if you haven't tried them yet be sure to test before you put too much effort into having sound from speakers and headphones at the same time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up