INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove items from the "Recordings" view (but not Delete)?  (Read 3044 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

The Recordings windows is great as it is any easy way to see what has been recording, watched, and you can delete recordings you don't want to keep.

For the recordings I do Want to Keep, I use MC's "Move" tool to put them into the folder I want but how do I remove their listing under the "Recordings" window without deleting the item or removing them from the database?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to remove items from the "Recordings" view (but not Delete)?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:03:53 pm »

I think removing recordings from the Recordings windows would defeat the purpose of the function, which is to show all recordings that have been made.

I also think that it would break the "Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past" functionality, as I believe that functionality uses that list.

If what you are trying to do is identify which recordings you have already moved, maybe there is a better way to do that, rather removing them from that list. Perhaps in the Tooltip showed program information, as other views do when you hover over a recording, including the file path and name, that would be better? Or if the path and/or filename could be optionally added to the view. But then we are getting closer to a normal, custom View.

Custom Smartlist
How about a new Library field called [New], which you set for all recording rules. Hmmm, that is likely to be forgotten, and wouldn't be automatically set. Okay, a new field called logical Integer field with a Check Edit Type, call it [Moved], which starts out empty.

Then a new Smartlist that displays all recordings that don't have the tag [Moved] set. It would probably be good if this Smartlist could be restricted to the "Recordings" database, in the same way that a view can be restricted to the "Television Guide" database. That capability doesn't exist at the moment for Recordings, so it would have to be added as a database that a View or Smartlist could be restricted to. Yaobing, is that possible?

Then sort your Smartlist by recording date, and as you move each recording, tick the [Moved] box and it will vanish from the list.

Acceptable workflow?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:14:13 pm »

Nope - I just want to remove it from the "Recordings View".  I've tried clearing a couple of tags but that has not worked (eg Date Recorded, Program ID).  I'm guessing it will be something like Recording Rule (but that is a non editable field).
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:02:09 pm »

I assume you mean the "Recordings" listing under "Television" in Standard View.

I believe that the records are added and removed programatically, and are not dependent on the existence of a tag, because functionality depends on the list. But I think I will let Yaobing clarify.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 11:05:41 pm »

Yup they are the ones.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 07:23:42 am »

Entries added to that view are selected using expression TVInfo(IsRecordedProgram).  This info does not help you though.  Internally the implementation is such that any jtv file is a "TV recording".  Other files such as  "ts" files, are "TV recordings" if "Recording Rule ID" field is filled.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 08:04:06 am »

To give you the ability to do what you want to do, I will need to make some changes.

Either a new field "Moved" as suggested, or a keyword in Keywords field.  If no one objects to having a "DoNotShowAsTVRecording" keyword in the Keywords field, I can do that so we do not need to add another field just for this purpose.  Then I can add "Remove from this view" context menu which, when chosen, will add the keyword.  You can remove the keyword whenever you change your mind.

By the way, I thought about putting full filename as the third line in the tooltip that currently says
"Recorded to disk.
Double-click to watch this program, or..."
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 04:50:45 pm »

"DoNotShowAsTVRecording" keyword works for me!  Thanks Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 05:31:06 pm »

Easier than I thought then.

By the way, I thought about putting full filename as the third line in the tooltip that currently says
"Recorded to disk.
Double-click to watch this program, or..."

I would still like to see that.

I often have multiple recordings in the one sub-directory, because they were sequential, and would like to split them out to clean up the hard drive. For example, I record "ABC News" and "Doctor Who" which follows immediately afterwards. The news is kept for seven days, while Doctor Who is kept forever. If I split them before the automatic cleanup of the news, then Doctor Who will be in its own sub-directory structure, and the original news sub-directory is deleted, as desired.

Typically I check this through Window Explorer now, by looking in my "TV Recordings" sub-directory, although now I know the rules above, I could build a View or Smartlist. But if you are doing the above, then adding the full filename and path would allow me to do it under Television, much quicker.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 06:02:04 pm »

Entries added to that view are selected using expression TVInfo(IsRecordedProgram).  This info does not help you though.  Internally the implementation is such that any jtv file is a "TV recording".  Other files such as  "ts" files, are "TV recordings" if "Recording Rule ID" field is filled.

:) Yup it does - Tested removing the values for "Recording Rule ID" on my TS files (using Data Fiddler) and all is good.  They are gone from "Recordings" and stay in my Doctor Who view.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up