Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shows?  (Read 2083 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
Shows?
« on: July 08, 2017, 03:38:55 am »

I do not understand how can I file a movie or series under shows. There are movie splitted into episodes (e.g. Heimat, Dekalog) which I do not want be filed under shows.
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Shows?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 04:28:16 am »

By default MC uses [Media Sub Type] to separate Movies and TV Shows. It is automatically populated when you import a video file. Choice between Movie and TV Show is I guess made by length of the video file.

You can also manually select value for the [Media Sub Type] field

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 04:55:11 am »

Got it! I just did not like to downgrade reisz or kieslowski as tV Shows. Is the a way to add entries to Media subtypes (e.g. TV Movies)?
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 05:03:47 am »

Yes, it's a tag. You need to change it from "tv show" to "movie".

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 12:16:38 pm »

OK I did some progress: I created a TV Movies Genre and I get this https://www.dropbox.com/s/lan06ehr81bas8m/Screenshot%202017-07-08%2019.13.38.png?dl=0
The issue I have now is that I'd like episodes be sorted by 'Episodes' and not by name as you see (Ansar's Tod is not episode #1)
The trivial solutio is to pre-pend the episod number to 'Name' but I am sure there is something better as solution
Stereo:

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 06:15:33 pm »

If you have episode field populated for the files you can changes sorting by moving mouse over the tab's header ("TV Movies" in this case). There you can choose sorting by episode ascending or descending.

There are also other way how to visualize your situation:
One of the other options could be that you would remove name column and make new expression column which would be combination of episode and name.
Code: [Select]
Padnumber([Episode],2) - [Name]You can make an expression column by right clicking one of the column headers and selecting add category to left/right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up