INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conversion Process  (Read 839 times)

Iplod along

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Conversion Process
« on: July 03, 2003, 09:15:40 pm »

I am having major problems with syncing my music library with my Ipod. Instead of a quick process MC is going through a conversion process each time which not only copies over the file but appears to encode it as well thus repeating the ripping process!

Because of the age of my PC, I, when ripping a cd, need to choose the option to rip and encode simultaneously. I am confused why this appears to be repeated when transferring files to the Ipod. Further, I find I have to copy files from my library to get it onto my Ipod as syncing seems to fall over because of the conversion process I referred to earlier!

I followed theuninstalling MusicMatch instructions in the excellent ashawley help notes because of earlier system problems I had to reinstall my Apple software which included MusicMatch.

The only thing I can think I was unable to complete because the option/menu could not be seen was to make sure you enable the firewire disk mode under device>options.

I very much  welcome your feedback because it has been extremly effective in the past ?.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Conversion Process
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 10:12:25 am »

Iplodalong,

When synching ( or moving the files manually) an 'Options' button will appear. Click on it and you will find that the option to 'Force File Conversion' is selected. Deselect it and your files will no longer convert and your speed will increase dramatically. the files are converting now because the bitrate or file type does not match the current settings and you have 'Force File Convert' selected.

Steve

Iplod along

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Conversion Process
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 01:45:32 pm »

SteveG

Mucho gracias for the the information.

Iplod along

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up