INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Description on files on DLNA client  (Read 1101 times)

mark2017

Description on files on DLNA client
« on: July 19, 2017, 05:59:55 am »

I'm evaluating MediaCentre at the moment (version 23).

I'm struggling with one thing. I have a collection of ripped tv shows, in the format of:

show name\show name - s01e01.ext

for example. However, when i view the show on my TV (Samsung KS7000) in the inbuilt dlna client, all I get under the thumbnail is the actual episode title, rather than its episode number. How do I get it to show the episode number instead (or in addition to the episode title)? I didn't rip them in disk order either, and it appears to sort them by file date descending by default, so its rather confusing.

I've looked in tools - options - media network - advanced - customize views for .... but I don't seem to be able to get it to sort by filename or show the episode number. It seems to just ignore anything I change.

Any ideas? The metadata appears to be ok.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Description on files on DLNA client
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:17:23 am »

Welcome to the forum.  What is displayed on the Samsung is not under MC's control.

Please post an exact title name.  We might be able to add it to Carnac (see the wiki for details).

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Description on files on DLNA client
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 06:58:42 am »

You are in the correct place. Use Edit, Delete, or Add to change the categories.  If you click Edit (under commands) you'll see what it's going to display.  You can change change this to include the episode number.

You will probably have to stop and restart MC after you do this, and probably stop and restart the DLNA client as well.

DLNA can be kind of fiddly, so you may or may not be able to get exactly what you want to show up.  But MC does seem to support it.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up