INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any advantage to MC23 for an audio-only user?  (Read 1329 times)

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck
Any advantage to MC23 for an audio-only user?
« on: July 19, 2017, 04:00:43 pm »

Hello folks,

I am running MC22 with a master license.  I have 3 Windows PCs and 2 Raspberry Pis (one with hifiberry digi and one with hifiberry dac pro).  Everything's running smoothly...I control it all with gizmo on my Android phone and tablet.  I share libraries among all the systems.  It's not optimized but it gives me everything I need.  Besides the additional cost, it's a bit of a pita to individually update all the license.  But, as I work for a software company, I'm well aware of the reasons companies want their customers to upgrade.

The question is, what's in it for me.  I'm having a difficult time determining what problems an upgrade would solve for me (especially since it seems that I've missed the window for discounted upgrades.)

Thoughts?

Thanks

Craig

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any advantage to MC23 for an audio-only user?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:17:20 pm »

If its working and you happy with sound ... why bother ... ignorance can be bliss

Having say that ... if have some hardware lying around (so as not to potentially cause problem with your current setup) ... can download and try MC23 ... its still in early stages ... updates seems to come every couple of days apart (which is good in a way that they try to polish the product fast) ... I imagine updates will come further apart once majority of bugs has been cleared

PS. I bought Plex Lifetime membership before even trying product (their product description seems to fit my needs) ... now regret it a bit ... don't get me wrong ... their product is great ... just parts that I wanted were unlikely be ever solved

Testing JRiver now before spending money :) ... looks like this might be it
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up