INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem importing video files  (Read 3489 times)

disc

• Recent member
Problem importing video files
« on: June 19, 2017, 04:28:11 am »

I just installed ubuntu 16.04 this weekend and MC 22.  Importing music just works fine but video import doesn't work.
The only thing that works partially is enabling "Automatically import played files" and dropping about 100 videos a time on the MC22 launcher icon.

The weird thing is that initially the videos are imported alright, but then some re-importing happens and all the entries become empty (see screenshots).

What I did notice in the log files is that different videos are using the same Analyze xml file. 
Code: [Select]
Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileJRWorkerExe: Parameters: /AnalyzeJRVid "/media/disc/VIDZ/clipsnmovies/rockumentaries/Eva Cassidy  Timeless Voice.mp4" "/home/disc/.jriver/Media Center 22/Temp/Analyze - 1606977280.xml
Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileJRWorkerExe: Parameters: /AnalyzeJRVid "/media/disc/VIDZ/country/Alison Krauss - Stay.mp4" "/home/disc/.jriver/Media Center 22/Temp/Analyze - 1606977280.xml"
Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileJRWorkerExe: Parameters: /AnalyzeJRVid "/media/disc/VIDZ/country/Bubba Sparxxx - Back In The Mud (Rock Version).mp4" "/home/disc/.jriver/Media Center 22/Temp/Analyze - 1606977280.xml"
I did try to disable all analysis flags I could find but that didn't help.

This is my system info:
Code: [Select]

Library
    Total files: 7688
    Audio files: 0
    Image files: 0
    Video files: 0
    Other files: 7688
Processing
    Thumbnails built: 0% (38 of 7688)
    Audio analyzed: 0% (0 of 0)
Background Tools Running
    No tools currently running
Power
    No entries that affect the system power state
Media Center
    Version:
    Install path: /usr/lib/jriver/Media Center 22/
    Interface plug-ins:
    JRMark: never run
    Memory used:
    Handles used:
Advanced System Info
    Memory & CPU
        CPU features: MMX, SSE2, SSE3
    Operating System
        Linux - 64 bit

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem importing video files
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:34:13 am »

Using the same XML name should be fine, as they should never be running at the same time but in succession.

Are there no log entries between those lines, like from the analysis process itself?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

disc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:22:35 am »

I saw a lot of lines like this:
1606977280: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileJRWorkerExe: Result: 4294967295 (0 is success)

Then I looked in the MC temp dir and I noticed all Analyze xml files were from the beginning of the weekend (I usually use hibernate).
So I restarted my machine and now it managed to succesfully import all video files.

But when I switched to another library and imported other videos, I got the same scenario:
Not all files are imported, no new Analyze xml files are generated in the temp folder
2163660544: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileJRWorkerExe: Result: 4294967295 (0 is success)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:56:56 am »

I saw a lot of lines like this:
1606977280: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileJRWorkerExe: Result: 4294967295 (0 is success)

Then I looked in the MC temp dir and I noticed all Analyze xml files were from the beginning of the weekend (I usually use hibernate).
So I restarted my machine and now it managed to succesfully import all video files.

But when I switched to another library and imported other videos, I got the same scenario:
Not all files are imported, no new Analyze xml files are generated in the temp folder
2163660544: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileJRWorkerExe: Result: 4294967295 (0 is success)
Is the machine connected to the internet?
MC needs to download some libav components to be able to parse video files.

disc

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 02:22:54 am »

It is connected to the internet.  But I managed to "solve" it by creating a new library on a HDD (it was on an SSD).  I don't understand how that helped, but it did.  I don't think it is library corruption as I had recreated the library a few times on the SSD with always the same isssue.  And that only happens on one machine. On another machine with a similar SSD, everything just worked.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 09:59:05 am »

It is connected to the internet.  But I managed to "solve" it by creating a new library on a HDD (it was on an SSD).  I don't understand how that helped, but it did.  I don't think it is library corruption as I had recreated the library a few times on the SSD with always the same isssue.  And that only happens on one machine. On another machine with a similar SSD, everything just worked.
Possibly some sort of permissions or path issue on the SSD?
What filesystem was it formatted to?
What's the path of the SSD?
Pages: [1]   Go Up