INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJTSFileReader.ax (32 Bit) & Regsvr32 Dependance Issues  (Read 6214 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
MJTSFileReader.ax (32 Bit) & Regsvr32 Dependance Issues
« on: September 15, 2017, 10:23:01 pm »

The JTV --> TS utility uses the MJTSFileReader.ax filter as part of a filter graph to remux JTV into TS containers.  As the multiplexer filter used is 32-Bit we need to also use the 32-Bit version of MJTSFileReader.ax.  In testing I've upgraded to 64-Bit and uninstalled 32-Bit MC so this filter is no longer registered and the utility fails.

Trying to Register the MJTSFileReader.ax (32 Bit) Filter
When I try to do a "regsvr32 MJTSFileReader.ax" I get a "Critical Error reporting that it failed to load JRTools".  No probs - copy "jrtools.dll" to the same directory and now I get "A JRiver Media Core component failed to load the product info file".  I've tried copying other likely files to the directory but no luck.

Any Ideas?

The other alternatives are:
- Leave 32Bit MC also Installed
- Get a real JTV --> TS Muxer
- Record in TS
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: MJTSFileReader.ax (32 Bit) & Regsvr32 Dependance Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 12:50:40 am »

I've just tested Option 1 in the 64bit version and it works fine.

I'm running the 64bit version on my Client PC now, and still have the 32bit version in place. I installed the JTVtoTS.exe solution on my workstation, copied a TV recording to it from my server, imported it under a local library, and then ran the conversion.

So as Hendrik said, the 32 and 64bit versions of the MJTSFileReader.ax filter can coexist on a PC, and the 32bit version of Graph Studio Next runs fine from within the 64bit version of MC, as expected.

When Dolby Digital support is available in the 64bit version of MC I will install it on my MC Server and leave the 32bit version there, which should result in the same remuxing functionality I have now. Although there could be problems down the track as I don't expect to be running or updating the 32bit version after installing the 64bit version, so it is going to "age".

Also, I'm going to break out "Get a real JTV --> TS Muxer" into two options;
- Find a 64bit Multiplexer and File Writer DirectShow filter that will work with the 64bit versions of Graph Studio Next and MJTSFileReader.ax filter.
- JRiver provides a 64bit JTV to TS remuxer in the conversion functions.  ;D ;D ;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 01:42:47 am »

So I've found a 64-Bit version of the Multiplexer and Sink filter from Elecard - https://www.elecard.com/products/sdks/directshow-codec-net-sdk :)  Fill out form to get the Demo DL, install then regester the two filters.  See how you go as I'm getting oddness so far in GraphEditPlus but it will make a TS file though it is jumbled.  I can also compile it as before but same results so far.

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 02:07:22 am »

The resultant file has the video running much faster than the audio.  If you can get a combo to work I should be able to compile it.
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 03:00:10 am »

MC needs to be installed for the 32-bit components to work, there is no way around that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 04:11:40 am »

Thanks for the confirmation Hendrik. It sounded like the filter needed MC components to be installed, hence the full 32bit MC.

But we Aussies aren't sitting still for this. I have a 64bit remuxing working!

So Jmone, I did some things a little differently to you, but not enough to actually make a difference I expect.

First, I downloaded the non-.NET version, rather than the .NET version you linked to. I got mine from here: https://www.elecard.com/products/sdks/directshow-codec-sdk
I don't think that would make any difference. I suspect that the filters in both are identical. But just in case I have attached a zip file with the required filters inside, plus my register bat file. Perhaps check and see if they match yours.

Second, as per last time, I used the 64bit version of "Graph Studio Next" rather than "Graph Edit Plus". Hopefully the 64bit version of "Graph Edit Plus" isn't the problem, because you need that software to create the C# code for you. Correct? Actually, the filter names are the same as last time, so perhaps just compiling the previous code in 64bit would be enough to get it working? There may be some internal 64bit selection required I guess. Plus there was an engine component of "Graph Edit Plus" that was included in the code, wasn't there? That will need to be 64bit. I leave that to you.  ;D

Anyway, I only did one remuxing. Other than a moment of green square pixelation at the start of playback, and whenever I skipped ahead or back in the program, the video played and stayed in sync.

See how you go with that information Jmone. So close we can't stop now! I would really like to switch to 64bit MC everywhere... Except, waiting for Dolby Digital. Soon I'm sure.

PS: I forgot to mention. The filter chain I built was identical to the original 32bit version, just using the 64bit version of "Graph Studio Next". No changes from my write-up. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105793.msg736127#msg736127
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 06:14:26 am »

:) try this!
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 07:59:49 am »

That worked !

I still get a moment of green square pixelation at the start of playback, and whenever I skipped ahead or back in the program, but the video played and stayed in sync. I did get a whole green screen after one skip, but that wasn't repeated.

So I've switched over to using this new 64bit version on my workstation and I might do that on my HTPC tomorrow and run some more tests.

The resulting file was ever so slightly different in size to the file I created using the 64bit filters. 78KB smaller actually.

Well done mate, and thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 08:15:32 am »

You guys are amazing.  Fun to watch.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 05:19:39 pm »

The filters were different in the non-.Net you posted - good find!  The file size may be different due to some of the settings you can make in the filter themselves.  I've tried playing with a few of these as I'm getting a crash on some conversions part way through ("An error occurred: HRESULT=-2147024888) - its seems to be when there are 2 recordings in the one folder but I'm not sure.

Yeah - more scary .... likes watching two blind folded guys stumbling around in a minefield...
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 06:04:03 pm »

When they are done we'll just add that function natively to MC. :) Wouldn't want to spoil their fun by doing it earlier.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 06:17:05 pm »

I'm glad I looked around the Elecard site and decided to try the "full" version then.

I'll have to install 64bit MC on my HTPC to use this version and test it out more. But I can't use that yet so it complicates things for me. (Dolby Digital, common mc23.exe)
We don't want to have exceptions where it won't work. Could you share the code again? I'd like a look.

We wants what we wants Jim. If it don't exist, we builds it. It may look a bit wonky and unstable, but it works!

Yeah - more scary .... likes watching two blind folded guys stumbling around in a minefield...

Do or die. Do or die. Do not try, just do.

When they are done we'll just add that function natively to MC. :) Wouldn't want to spoil their fun by doing it earlier.

I've been expecting you to do that to us Hendrik. Meany.... But please, go ahead now because it is working.  :D

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 06:17:30 pm »

Trust me we are DONE (hacking together crap we don't understand)!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 06:19:49 pm »

Code: [Select]
//Don't forget to add reference to DirectShowLib in your project.
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
using DirectShowLib;

namespace graphcode
{
    class Program
    {
        static void checkHR(int hr, string msg)
        {
            if (hr < 0)
            {
                Console.WriteLine(msg);
                DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(hr);
            }
        }

static void BuildGraph(IGraphBuilder pGraph, string srcFile1, string dstFile1)
        {
            int hr = 0;

//graph builder
            ICaptureGraphBuilder2 pBuilder = (ICaptureGraphBuilder2)new CaptureGraphBuilder2();
            hr = pBuilder.SetFiltergraph(pGraph);
            checkHR(hr, "Can't SetFiltergraph");

Guid CLSID_JRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter = new Guid("{8303B00A-D9E3-4BD7-A79A-AD7077F54123}"); //MJTSFileReader.ax
            Guid CLSID_ElecardMPEGMultiplexerx64 = new Guid("{0FD7F9F6-747D-46CF-AC0B-FA9DAE4F6299}"); //empegmux.ax
            Guid CLSID_ElecardSinkfilter = new Guid("{CF2521A7-4029-4CC1-8C6E-F82BD82BB343}"); //esf.ax

//add JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter
            IBaseFilter pJRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter = (IBaseFilter)Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromCLSID(CLSID_JRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter));
            hr = pGraph.AddFilter(pJRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter, "JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter");
            checkHR(hr, "Can't add JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter to graph");
            //set source filename
            IFileSourceFilter pJRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter_src = pJRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter as IFileSourceFilter;
            if (pJRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter_src == null)
                checkHR(unchecked((int)0x80004002), "Can't get IFileSourceFilter");
            hr = pJRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter_src.Load(srcFile1, null);
            checkHR(hr, "Can't load file");

//add Elecard MPEG Multiplexer (x64)
            IBaseFilter pElecardMPEGMultiplexerx64 = (IBaseFilter)Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromCLSID(CLSID_ElecardMPEGMultiplexerx64));
            hr = pGraph.AddFilter(pElecardMPEGMultiplexerx64, "Elecard MPEG Multiplexer (x64)");
            checkHR(hr, "Can't add Elecard MPEG Multiplexer (x64) to graph");

//connect JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter and Elecard MPEG Multiplexer (x64)
            hr = pGraph.ConnectDirect(GetPin(pJRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter, "Audio Output"), GetPin(pElecardMPEGMultiplexerx64, "Input #0"), null);
            checkHR(hr, "Can't connect JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter and Elecard MPEG Multiplexer (x64)");

//connect JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter and Elecard MPEG Multiplexer (x64)
            hr = pGraph.ConnectDirect(GetPin(pJRiverTimeShiftingReaderFilter, "Video Output"), GetPin(pElecardMPEGMultiplexerx64, "Input #1"), null);
            checkHR(hr, "Can't connect JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter and Elecard MPEG Multiplexer (x64)");

//add Elecard Sink filter
            IBaseFilter pElecardSinkfilter = (IBaseFilter)Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromCLSID(CLSID_ElecardSinkfilter));
            hr = pGraph.AddFilter(pElecardSinkfilter, "Elecard Sink filter");
            checkHR(hr, "Can't add Elecard Sink filter to graph");
            //set destination filename
            IFileSinkFilter pElecardSinkfilter_sink = pElecardSinkfilter as IFileSinkFilter;
            if (pElecardSinkfilter_sink == null)
                checkHR(unchecked((int)0x80004002), "Can't get IFileSinkFilter");
            hr = pElecardSinkfilter_sink.SetFileName(dstFile1, null);
            checkHR(hr, "Can't set filename");

//connect Elecard MPEG Multiplexer (x64) and Elecard Sink filter
            hr = pGraph.ConnectDirect(GetPin(pElecardMPEGMultiplexerx64, "Output"), GetPin(pElecardSinkfilter, "Input"), null);
            checkHR(hr, "Can't connect Elecard MPEG Multiplexer (x64) and Elecard Sink filter");

}

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            try
            {
                string outfilename = args[0].Replace(".jtv", ".ts");
                IGraphBuilder graph = (IGraphBuilder)new FilterGraph();
                Console.WriteLine("Building graph...");
                BuildGraph(graph, args[0], outfilename);
                Console.WriteLine("Running...");
                IMediaControl mediaControl = (IMediaControl)graph;
                IMediaEvent mediaEvent = (IMediaEvent)graph;
                int hr = mediaControl.Run();
                checkHR(hr, "Can't run the graph");
                bool stop = false;
                while (!stop)
                {
                    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(500);
                    Console.Write(".");
                    EventCode ev;
                    IntPtr p1, p2;
                    System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents();
                    while (mediaEvent.GetEvent(out ev, out p1, out p2, 0) == 0)
                    {
                        if (ev == EventCode.Complete || ev == EventCode.UserAbort)
                        {
                            Console.WriteLine("Done!");
                            stop = true;
                        }
                        else
                        if (ev == EventCode.ErrorAbort)
                        {
                            Console.WriteLine("An error occured: HRESULT={0:X}", p1);
                            mediaControl.Stop();
                            stop = true;
                        }
                        mediaEvent.FreeEventParams(ev, p1, p2);
                    }
                }
            }
            catch (COMException ex)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("COM error: " + ex.ToString());
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Error: " + ex.ToString());
            }
        }
        static IPin GetPin(IBaseFilter filter, string pinname)
        {
            IEnumPins epins;
            int hr = filter.EnumPins(out epins);
            checkHR(hr, "Can't enumerate pins");
            IntPtr fetched = Marshal.AllocCoTaskMem(4);
            IPin[] pins = new IPin[1];
            while (epins.Next(1, pins, fetched) == 0)
            {
                PinInfo pinfo;
                pins[0].QueryPinInfo(out pinfo);
                bool found = (pinfo.name == pinname);
                DsUtils.FreePinInfo(pinfo);
                if (found)
                    return pins[0];
            }
            checkHR(-1, "Pin not found");
            return null;
        }

}
}
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »

Thanks for the source. Very similar to the 32bit.

Trust me we are DONE (hacking together crap we don't understand)!

Come on. You know you love it.  :P

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 03:52:29 am »

So I've install 64bit MC on my HTPC, then reinstalled 32bit to get the correct mc23.exe back, installed Elecard and the 64bit compiled JTVtoTS solution.

The 64bit JTVtoTS solution is working fine run from within 32bit MC. It even looks like it is a little faster, but not much.

So Hendrik, now you can release the JRiver functionality, with tag transfer, perhaps front and end trimming of the resulting file, and any other good ideas you can think of.  ;D
(Pushing too much... :-\ :-\ :-\ Nah.)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 03:57:02 am »

So Hendrik, now you can release the JRiver functionality, with tag transfer, perhaps front and end trimming of the resulting file, and any other good ideas you can think of.  ;D
(Pushing too much... :-\ :-\ :-\ Nah.)

If it happens, you could always make particles to trim it, I suppose? :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 05:28:37 am »

Indeed. Or set the playback range. So many features in MC!  8)

(I actually want to reduce the size of the files, if I am keeping them for a while, because I use large padding amounts due to the poor schedule reliability of Australian TV. I use VideoReDo to do the trimming. Hence the need for the recording to be in TS format.)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 07:16:08 am »

If it happens, you could always make particles to trim it, I suppose? :)

Yup - Love Particles and MC's ability to then convert the range to other formats (eg Music BD by Track --> Flac).  No need for any other 3rd party tool.  Just missing the ability to remux!
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 08:04:50 am »

Ah. So if I divided up a file using particles, or maybe even specify the playback range, a built-in JTV to TS conversion function would convert only that range from the file?

That would be neat. I didn't know about that ability of particles. I haven't played with them at all really.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 03:42:52 pm »

That is how all the other convert functions work, so "presuming" that a built-in JTV to TS remuxer works the same way as the other convert profiles then yes.  Put in a Playback Range --> Convert = just that segment.
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 06:03:01 pm »

That would be excellent and save me a lot of time.

While I do cut ads out of some programs I keep using VideoReDo, most of the time I just trim the start and end, so this functionality would suit me perfectly. Set Playback Range>Remux>Check new file>delete old recording>Done.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 07:18:19 pm »

I've not tried it but MC also support ComSkip - Don't know if the convert function takes it into account however.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 07:27:09 pm »

I've not tried it but MC also support ComSkip - Don't know if the convert function takes it into account however.

ComSkip does not work with JTV, so it would not work during conversion.  I am not sure what happens with ComSkip during conversion of non-JTV videos, my guess is it is probably ignored.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 07:44:05 pm »

Thanks - ....and we are getting ahead of ourselves (nothing new there :) )  Got to get the basic remux working first!
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 07:52:22 pm »

I'm not that interested in using ComSkip as I have seen the accuracy of VideoReDo in finding ad start and end times. It is not good, particularly on dark programs, which seem to be common these days. This is why ComSkip isn't really a reason for me to use TS format recording. I'm happy just skipping over ads manually, if I haven't removed them already.

ComSkip does not work with JTV, so it would not work during conversion.  I am not sure what happens with ComSkip during conversion of non-JTV videos, my guess is it is probably ignored.

I hadn't considered the possibility that MC may take ComSkip marks into account during conversion. As above though, I wouldn't use it, because I could end up with a program that had incorrect chunks taken out of it, and I possibly wouldn't know until I watched the whole program. Even then, it may just look like bad editing, or I may just miss part of the storyline without knowing it.

Trimming the start and end would be easy and very useful. But for ad removal I prefer to review cut selections in VideoReDo and adjust as necessary, then to the cut. VideoReDo doesn't add any re-encoding except as required for frame accurate cuts, so there is no loss in image quality by running that extra process.

So yeah, let's not confuse the issue by asking for too much!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 08:07:36 pm »

So yeah, let's not confuse the issue by asking for too much!

Yup!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up