INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eliminate "Imported Playlists" forever?  (Read 1092 times)

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
Eliminate "Imported Playlists" forever?
« on: July 23, 2017, 04:04:03 pm »

Is it possible to tell MC 23 to never create an Imported Playlists entry?

Whenever I re-import my hard drives I need to spend the next hour to two hours manually deleting over 30,000 "Imported Playlists" for my 30,000+ albums.

The reason I need to delete them is because they "choke" JRemote with too much data, as well as other the web remote, it cant load that many playlists. Also having 30,000 playlists totally defeats the concept of using playlists to manage things in reasonable "chunks".

These "Imported Playlists" have always been extremely useless to me, and a performance nuisance, how do I stop them from coming back ever again? Is there an option setting for this, to not create these Imported Playlists at all?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Eliminate "Imported Playlists" forever?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 04:43:43 pm »

You must have .m3u or similar files for most of your albums.  I find this is common for downloaded albums.

I'm not sure what the default is, but MC can be configured to import, or not import, any type that it supports, including playlist files.  Are you using auto import, or manually importing folders?

If it's auto import, you can configure, by top level folder, which file types get imported.  Look at the entries under Playlists and uncheck those types.  If it's a manual import, there is a dialog that comes up with it where you can use the same process to uncheck the file types you don't want, like playlists.

Hopefully that will get you started in the right direction.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up