INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeing the "raw" tag in the ny tagging engine?  (Read 1167 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Seeing the "raw" tag in the ny tagging engine?
« on: August 19, 2017, 07:15:14 am »

I like the new tagging engine (especially that is is customizable), however there is one feature i miss, or I cannot find. In the old one the top part would show something like "MP3 - 5.01 - 8.9 MB", and you could click on it, and you would see the actual "raw" id3-data (or whatever tag-type it was). Is this still possible to do? If not, I wish this feature back.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Seeing the "raw" tag in the ny tagging engine?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 07:44:38 am »

Yes, it is still there.

Customise the Tagging Window to add a new Group called "Tag Dump" and add the item called "Tag Dump" with an Expression of "Custom(TagDump)". See image.

I think you can call the new Group and Item whatever you want actually. It is the Expression that defines the functionality. A search of the forum for "Tag Dump" will provide some more information.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 08:47:38 am »

Thanks for the info, The Tag-dump group is there by default and uses the "Custom(TagDump)" expression. Seems the problem is that it doesn't work on a lot of Flac-files for me. It just shows "n/a", but the "regular tags" are populated, so MC can obviously read the tags.

EDIT: seems like the problem pops up when you are reading it on a client that have the drive letter mapped, and "use local copy" is chosen, but the server does not have the drive mapped. Maybe the tags are read in a different way for that function now?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 06:40:31 pm »

Ah, I had to add the Tag Dump group manually, as did many, because our libraries have been around long before the Tag Group functionality was added.

I assume for the "use local copy" function to work, the drive letter of the file on the Server is the same as the drive letter mapped to the same Server location from the Client? Otherwise the library wouldn't work properly. In fact if you had "Fix broken links" set to "Yes" strange things may happen if the drive letter used on each PC was different.

I don't use the "use local copy" function on my Client, and I see raw tags for all audio files (MP3 and FLAC) on the Server from my Client. I guess if you turned that setting off, restarted MC, and the tags appear, you know you have found the problem.

Also, for specific FLAC files where you can't see the raw tags, do they appear on the Server? Perhaps they don't have raw tags in them, if it doesn't happen for all FLAC files.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up