INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art (audio) stored in file only... possible?  (Read 1662 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Cover Art (audio) stored in file only... possible?
« on: July 29, 2017, 11:21:57 am »

Is there a setting that will allow only storing cover art image (audio) in the file?  Seems if I set the option to also store image in the file.... system still wants to create a folder and file images..... even if I delete them from the designated folder.  thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art (audio) stored in file only... possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:25:06 am »

The closest I think you can get is to tell MC to put all images in the same folder.  That way it won't try to write images into your individual album folders:

Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art > Audio Mode > (in specified folder)

Brian.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 11:38:47 am »

Yes, that is how I have it set up now.  I'll keep doing that, but the tag info on some files specifies "image inside file"... and on others the tag specifies the cover art folder.  I assume this happens for files I've imported (in the past)... before checking the "also store image in file" box.  Even though I've deleted and re-imported these files.... and re-tagged cover art (inside file), their tag still shows that cover art is in the cover art file.... not "inside file".  Doesn't seem consistent.  Hope this makes sense.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:50:25 am »

Ah I see.  You have numerous files that didn't yet get the "inside file" setting applied.  I believe all you have to do is select the files in question and do Right click > Library tools > update tags (from library) .

Try one; then try a few.  If it works properly, you can select a bunch at once.  I wouldn't select more than say 50 or so at once; just so MC doesn't get unresponsive on you.

If necessary, you can make a view or a smartlist to show you files that don't have the cover art embedded in them.  I have a "cover art review" view that lets me examine (and change) various properties about cover art, like how big it is, etc.  One of my panes shows me files that don't have the art inside the file.  It has a search term of something like "Image file , is not, inside file".  Works like a champ.

Good luck.

Brian.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 03:25:12 pm »

Thanks.  That works great.  I had to check the box (Options - General - Importing and Tagging) to "update tags when file info changes".... and then update tags (from library) took care of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up