INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different "open live" asio inputs via different core commands or zones?  (Read 1657 times)

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,

I have two inputs, which should run through the jriver mc audio engine (convolution)

1. is a stereo phono input
2. is a toslink input from the TV

I know I can switch between zones with the help of the media core commands (mcc) and I also can open the "open live" dialogue with mcc. But how does somebody open different asio live inputs (different channel offset), so that I can switch between two inputs. Furthermore it would be nice that MC automatically changes the zone in case of chosen phono input to the music zone, in case of TV Input to the latency free zone.

Maybe the solution with different input selection with zones is the solution itsself. One could assign to a special zone for example "phono" a special default asio live url? So zone selection via MCC determines input source.

Regards

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Different "open live" asio inputs via different core commands or zones?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 03:06:43 pm »

Noone an answer? Maybe with an m3u and eventghost?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 03:45:20 pm »

well MCWS has an endpoint

Code: [Select]
     PlayLive
         Play from a live source.
         Parameters:
            Mode: The mode of live playback. (default: )
            Zone: The zone the command is targetted for. (default: -1)
            ZoneType: The type of value provided in 'Zone' (ID: zone id; Index: zone index; Name: zone name). (default: ID)

which sounds like it will allow you to target a particular zone on playback if it were possible to also specify the other values you need. There is no description of mode so I don't know what values go in that argument.

I don't think you can import such an item into the library either as they always just arrive with the file of live://asio

It would be a useful enhancement if this were possible. Something like making the filename in a form like live://asio?device=motu&rate=48&offset=2&channels=2  , you could then create a zoneswitch rule to target it

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 08:47:46 am »

Yeah, that would be very nice. So for now it seems, there is no workarround for this issue except a macro with eventghost, whit mouse positioning?
Maybe the function with this extended open live thing could be implemented?

Regards

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 08:57:33 am »

Lets see if it catches the eye of a passing dev
Pages: [1]   Go Up