INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG won't download anymore  (Read 1496 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
EPG won't download anymore
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:23:05 am »

Hi All, I have been using the mc2xml for sometime now but it has suddenly stopped working. Evertime I run the load program guide wizard and select mc2xml it all runs correctly but the last step states "the program guide file is not valid, or does not contain any program information for channels in your channel list". I have checked the file "OTA - 3992.xml" and this is not correct.

Any ideas?

Ross

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Re: EPG won't download anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 10:48:19 am »

Hi Rossp,

I've noticed exactly the same thing somewhere last week.
Reported the issues to Yaobing; probably some data server which is (still) offline:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111316.0.html

Since then I've set-up another EPG grabber, by using XMLTV externally.
My EPG is back since then.

Good luck !

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: EPG won't download anymore
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 12:14:05 pm »

Thanks Mans, You are right and I think this is the issue. Once again outside of MC's control. However it would be nice if MC alerted me that it can't get the EPG, I would then be aware that I have to activate another grabber or whatever. As it is I miss programs because I don't look at the TV side of MC for a week at a time (actually more).

Maybe one for Yaobing.

I would be quite happy with an email to warn me something is wrong (and not fail without a message, error, warning etc). I think the issue is that MC is so reliable and I rely on it so much that I fail to monitor it anymore, I just expect it to do what I have asked. And it usually does 99.7% of the time.

Is MC becoming the victim of it's own success???

Ross

Pages: [1]   Go Up