INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 23.0.30 -- Available Here  (Read 8354 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 23.0.30 -- Available Here
« on: August 04, 2017, 01:46:55 pm »

This is an early build of JRiver Media Center 23.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230030.exe

23.0.30 (8/2/2017)

1. Changed: When evaluating TV recording file path expressions at the end of recording, single-digit Season and Episode numbers are padded with a '0' to match the behavior in "Rename, Move, & Copy" tool.
2. Changed: When evaluating TV recording file path expressions at the end of recording, empty fields will use "Unknown xxxxx" to avoid creating an empty string for a folder name, and to match the behavior in "Rename, Move, & Copy" tool.
3. Changed: Many UI changes in the new Engen setup dialog (Options / Remote Control / Engen Setup).
4. Fixed: Engen setup for playback shows a "working..." popup with a Cancel button that wasn't working.  Also several other bugs were fixed.

23.0.29 (8/1/2017)

1. Changed: Radio KISS - Default playback is player and audio quality is Original.
2. Fixed: Radio KISS - Playing now song select didn't work on remote zones.
3. Fixed: Problems in the new Engen remote control feature.
4. NEW: "Locate" context menu in TV Recordings view.
5. Fixed: Connecting to a new remote library didn't reliably use HTTPS if a HTTP connection to the same library was used before.
6. Changed: The expression Watched() will show something like "10 of 12 watched" for groups of files.

23.0.28 (7/31/2017)

1. Fixed: Sorting of results by quality in Get Movie & TV Info wasn't working.

23.0.27 (7/31/2017)

1. Fixed: Playing rotated videos with Red October HQ were cut-off at the bottom.
2. Changed: JRDisc didn't have a version.
3. NEW: Included updated German translation file. (thanks to ByteStar)

23.0.26 (7/28/2017)

1. NEW: In Options / Remote Control, added an Engen setup section for controlling A/V equipment.  Currently the only trigger is start of playback within a zone.  Work in progress.

23.0.25 (7/28/2017)

1. Fixed: Get Movie & TV Info didn't scale the subtitle selection properly on some monitors.
2. Changed: Removed World Weather Online from Theater View weather because they expired our API key.
3. NEW: Added OpenWeatherMap as a source to Theater View weather.
4. Fixed: Theater View News Interact wouldn't show Japanese and other foreign characters properly.
5. Fixed: Radio KISS - Settings (play to, quality, zone info) wouldn't be cached on some devices after closing the browser.
6. NEW: Added "Cover Art" and "Links" submenus in TV Recordings view's context menu.
7. Fixed: Some OpenCable TV channels could not be played in recent builds.

23.0.24 (7/26/2017)

1. Fixed: The weather plugin wouldn't scale nicely on high DPI.
2. Fixed: Radio KISS - Various display issues resolved on tablets/medium displays.
3. Fixed: Radio KISS - Volume/previous/play/next buttons and selecting track now all work and disable properly.
4. NEW: Radio KISS - Early implementation of play doctor button.

23.0.23 (7/25/2017)

1. Fixed: An audio bug affecting Sat>IP channels with AC3 audio.
2. Fixed: Setting the wallpaper wouldn't work properly on some systems (maybe Windows 10 specific?).
3. NEW: An option to automatically reset log file when it grows beyond a user configured size.
4. Fixed: Disabling online Theater View theme image downloading wasn't working.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: We were no longer showing keyboard shortcuts for Display View, Theater View, etc.
7. Changed: Removed "(ATSC only)" from "In Over-the-air EPG scan (ATSC only), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" in Television properties.
8. NEW: Added the playback option Play Shuffled Albums (in track order) to take the tracks and expand them to full albums and shuffle the albums.
9. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
10. NEW: An MCC command (28042) and keyboard accelerator (Ctrl K) to toggle automatic ComSkip off or on during video playback.
11. NEW: "Send To" submenu is now available in Television view context menu when TV Recordings are in view.
12. NEW: The Disk Writer plugin can optionally write MP3 data instead of WAV data.
13. Fixed: MC could freeze for up to a minute at startup and other times if a handheld device had been created from a network share and the share dropped off the network.
14. NEW: Radio KISS - Mobile devices now support progress bar and seeking (on playing now page).
15. NEW: Radio KISS - New playlist card look and feel featuring album art from the playlist.
16. Changed: Radio KISS - Playback buttons are new and improved with animations and improved mobile responsiveness.

23.0.22 (7/17/2017)

1. Changed: Removed the "experimental" tag from the SoX option.
2. Fixed: When playing a music channel on an OpenCable tuner (such as a Comcast Music Choice channel) on a client, MC went into a long buffering pause shortly after playback started, and would not resume for a long time unless intervened by user.
3. Changed: Switched the DSP Analyzer's fall off back to the way it used to be.
4. Changed: Shortened the amount of video data that MC buffers when seek is performed, or when buffering is needed otherwise, on a music channel (such as Comcast Music Choice) on a TV tuner.
5. Changed: Made Theater View searching for sidecar files include any file named FanArt with an image extension.

23.0.21 (7/14/2017)

1. NEW: "Tag" context menu piece (including shortcut Alt+Enter) for tagging selected TV recordings in an Action Window.
2. Changed: Updated the Help > New / Improved This Version link to version 23.
3. NEW: Added support for Olympus ORF files.
4. Changed: Updated the Japanese language file again because there was a carriage return missing in the original and it caused trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

walkman666

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.30 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 10:48:14 am »

Bought MC23 right away (early bird, as is my usual approach).  For this version, I experienced something new for the first time.  On installation, I received a dialog box indicating that my trial period expired. I clicked on restore license, entered my registration code, and then got a dialog box from my Norton Firewall indicated that the install was missing a digital certificate. I clicked "allow always," and the install finished...Seems okay, yet I thought I'd post this case.  Just received an email from JRiver confirming my request for a license restore. Makes me wonder if I did the wrong thing to workaround this problem.

Please advise if I should do anything different to use the software.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:02:19 am »

If it works, it's OK.  Norton may be overly protective.

Thanks for your purchase.

walkman666

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 11:19:47 am »

Thanks, Jim!  Appreciate the rapid reply.  Sure thing...long time user here.

Don W

• World Citizen
Issue with Image Edit Versions Display
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 06:41:43 pm »

I select an image to edit, change the crop, then click "Save & Exit", which is set to save to library only. Then I open the same image again to edit it (for the purpose of undoing) and in the versions list, "Original Image" displays an image that is cropped like the previous edit, and the second version, "Crop to ..." displays the cropped image, cropped again. Its only the display that is effected. If I have the Original Image selected and click Save & Exit, the true original image is restored in the main view. But if I again open the image in the editor, the Original Image still displays the cropped version. It seems everything is put to right if I restart MC.

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 10:35:33 am »

Hi,

in theater View when I press pause during playback of an mkv video, I get normal picture.
After a few minutes (around 10, not measured) it went black, but not a screensaver because when I move the mouse I see the cursor and some menu when I click right button.
But I cannot unpause the movie, only stop is working.

System: Win10, NVidia GTX1070, madvr, beamer, 23.0.30 JRiver.

BR
Erich

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 10:38:00 am »

Hi,

in theater View when I press pause during playback of an mkv video, I get normal picture.
After a few minutes (around 10, not measured) it went black, but not a screensaver because when I move the mouse I see the cursor and some menu when I click right button.
But I cannot unpause the movie, only stop is working.

System: Win10, NVidia GTX1070, madvr, beamer, 23.0.30 JRiver.

BR
Erich

We stop playback after 10 minutes.  Here was the history:

23.0.3 (6/13/2017)

NEW: Video playback stops when paused for 10 minutes.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 10:39:11 am »

23.0.3 (6/13/2017)

You should really make it so that the stop behaves like pressing stop, ie. it goes back to theater view, instead of just giving you a black screen looking all dead.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 10:51:12 am »

You should really make it so that the stop behaves like pressing stop, ie. it goes back to theater view, instead of just giving you a black screen looking all dead.

Alright!

Next build:
Changed: The stop after paused video playback acts more like a regular stop button instead of just only stopping the video playback.

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 11:39:15 am »

Oh, haven't read that, sorry.
Hmmm, why? Because when I press pause, it has a reason not pressing stop.

I'm sitting sometimes in my black cinema and the paused video is my light - so I don't need the much brighter light switched on.
Somtimes I need more time for my kid needing something - so pause can be on for 15 minutes, but I need no light in my cinema.
For my LCOS beamer there is no difference if paused a video or see the static menu.
Black is the worst for me, so better to see the menu then nothing.

BR
Erich

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 12:31:56 pm »

23.0.3 (6/13/2017)

Wow, I missed that too.  This was driving me crazy.  My screensaver kicks in after 5 mintues of pause, and I couldn't figure out why it was stuck on a black screen behind the screensaver after 10 minutes.

Is there any way for us to disable this new feature?  Or can you convince me what the benefit of the new stop after 10 minutes is good for?  I greatly prefer my screensaver instead of stop.  It looks awesome and provides some light in the totally blacked out theater room.

Edit:
Actually, with the new behavior you mentioned for the next build my screensaver will still run anyway, so that would work fine.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 05:50:13 pm »

Can't that pause acting like stop after 10 mins thing be optional?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 06:18:31 pm »

Optional or have a configurable timeout, where Zero means never Stop. I would prefer a configurable timeout, with a default of 10 minutes if you like, but I would prefer 30 minutes.

Note that the Play button always worked on the black screen, since it just started playing the still selected program again, and if bookmarks and resume were set appropriately, it would start from where you left it.

This functionality was added to cover the case where the source media became unavailable, either because a NAS went to sleep, or someone paused a DVD and then used the button on the DVD player to eject it, or similar. Any of those situations could leave MC in a state where it thought it was still playing a paused video.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ST

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 06:59:09 am »

Hi team,

I am having problem with zone sync and occasional distortion with V23.0.30. Did you make any changes to the zones configuration?

Thanx.
My complete system setup in website
Pages: [1]   Go Up