INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem using linked zones  (Read 2176 times)

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
Problem using linked zones
« on: August 15, 2017, 03:12:05 am »

So I'm testing, via direct comparison, 2 different digital audio streams being fed into one dac.
One (my 'normal' setup) is via a Dante dedicated ethernet based pro-audio network and the 2nd stream is the newly added zone, which outputs to a direct (no other devices on this USB port) USB feed to the same dac.

When I link them so that they are synch'd, there are 1-2 second 'pauses' in the realtime playback stream.
These pauses stop when I unlink these 2 'players' but still have both playing the same selection of music.
It also should be noted both are using DSP with the same 7 processes operating.

I have not upgraded to v.23 yet and this could be a good experiment (to see if v.23 also exhibits the same behavior) if deemed as such.

For now I can link when needed and deal with the 'pauses' during evaluation time and then unlink and go back to adding more settling in time.

And since I'm running on a Mac Pro w/4 cpu's 16GB ram and SSD's with a ≈9% 'cpu load factor' even as I type this, h/w isn't really much of an issue.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's
Pages: [1]   Go Up