INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.209 beta available  (Read 8866 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.209 beta available
« on: June 30, 2003, 02:13:06 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91209.exe  

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.      

History:

1. Fixed: Grouping of list-type fields in view schemes didn't work properly.
2. Fixed: Position slider in player window didn't work.
3. Changed: Template based fields and player display templates cleaned before display. (ex.  " - 3:02 ()" becomes "3:02")
4. Fixed: MC would not use the correct player display "Stopped" template on startup.
5. Changed: Cover Art menu no longer shows audio-specific entries when non-audio files are selected.
6. Changed: "Aquire Images" moved from file to tool menu. (so it's next to import)
7. Fixed: M3U export wouldn't export CD filenames properly. (note that m3u playlists are drive specific, unlike MC's smart drive searching system)
8. Fixed: Importing of playlists that used MC extended filenames for CD tracks did not work properly.
9. Fixed: Album grouping / expansion didn't honor the view filter.
10. NEW: View Filter can now be saved between sessions. (look in View Filter menu)
11. Fixed: Shorten file association wasn't working properly.
12. Fixed: Media Center whould lock up during import if it encountered invalid GIF file.
13. NEW: Added support for TIF and PNG files.
14. Fixed: Media Center message "You left the track naming template blank." while exiting options window.
15. Changed: Confirmation before applying tag changes pops up at > 20 files instead of > 100 files.
16. Changed: Changes in the "File Info" pane get applied right away and the UI is updated. (instead of having to click somewhere else)
17. Fixed: MC could crash if a library was loaded or cleared with file properties showing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Media Center 9.1.209 beta available
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 02:23:26 pm »

I've customized the Media Library root so that it displays Artist (grouped)/Artist/Album, and when I click on a grouping, the Album and file list are updated appropriately, but the Artist list is empty except for <all>.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 02:34:26 pm »

Still no fix for the TV basic controls loosing fucus in full-ecreen mode.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 02:34:47 pm »

Hi there,

I haven't been posting onto the forum for ages, but I'm with you guys since Media Jukebox 7.0. (However, since I forgot my login name, I needed to re-register ...)

Unfortunately I have a problem with this and the latest builds, which might be caused by performance problems. My collection has 19000+ songs at the moment and today I tired to rip some of my original mini-discs via the Record Sound option. But the recording doesn't start immediately when I press the record button. It lasts about 90 seconds before it records.

I then created a very small library with only 200+ songs and the recording started almost immediately.

Well, even though I could swap libraries to rip the mini-discs, I don't really wanna do that. Also I fear that I might face more performance problems in all kinds of fields.

Isn't MediaCenter able to handle such an amount of music? Actually there's more to come until I have my complete collection ripped (about 1500 original (!) CDs, I'm not downloading or sharing, keeping the industry alive, hehe).

It would be disappointing if I reached the capacities of this wonderful piece of software. I will probably never understand why such rubbisch like MusicMatch came with my Archos Jukebox Recorder (60 GB) and my new iPod (30 GB). It's useless - MediaCenter is the prog to use. But whom I'm telling that?    ;)

Thanks for your help in advance and best regards,

Mighty A-MAN

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 02:37:43 pm »

I've customized the Media Library root so that it displays Artist (grouped)/Artist/Album, and when I click on a grouping, the Album and file list are updated appropriately, but the Artist list is empty except for <all>.

Same behavior here, view schemes with group levels don't show any additional items in panes to the right or in the tree structure.  

Also, not to sound like a broken record, but panes continue to reset when the list style is changed.  

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 02:38:08 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug or just a frustrating feature.

I have noticed with each 9.1 build that if you change the list type in the content pane while browsing, it resets the entire view to "all."  For example, I run through the Genre/Artist/Album view while I have "thumbnails" selected for my list type in the content pane.  If I settle on an album and then change my list type to "details" it resets the Genre to "all," artist to "all," etc.   Since I tend to jump between thumbnail view and detailed view, it gets very frustrating to have to burrow back down through the lists.  

I hope I explained this adequately.  I am at work and don't have access to MC9.1 to clarify my terms.

edit:  Jimpmc seems to have beaten me to it, but at least I know now that I am not the only one frustrated by this.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 02:39:03 pm »

NEW First Reported 30/06/03
Priority: Medium
Files with no Year display 1899

NEW First Reported 30/06/03
Priority: HIGH
The new field pickers used for renaming offer [YEAR] as an option but this no longer works and ends up putting the exact string into the file name.  Should be [DATE (year)]

NEW First reported 30/06/03
Record Sound takes a very long time to start recording.

NEW First reported 30/06/03
Grouping levels are no longer working in the panes.  They work for fields starting with numbers but not for fields starting with letters

First reported 26/06/03  
Panes to the right no longer reset.  I understand this wasn't popular with everyone but for some view schemes it is essential.  Please could it be made an option on a per view scheme level  

First reported 26/06/03  
Changing a list style resets panes  

First reported: 23/06/03    
Ststus: Open
Priority: Medium to High  
Visualizations appear to pause for 1/2 a second every 5 seconds.  Happens on all visuals inc. 3d.  This has nothing to do with other apps as was suggested in previous thread as I have only MC, Iexplorer and explorer running...  

First Reported: 16/06/03        
5-10 second lag when playing first track.  This only happens with the first track after MC has started. Still there for music files.  Not for image playback - I think this is MCs auto volume optimisation as when I turned this off the wait was a lot less.  Seems to wanna fire up my CD ROM when this is set to on and takes ages...  

First Reported: 18/06/03        
There is no longer a button in props to apply changes.  You can click to a new item but this isn't as elegant as it was with a button      

First reported 26/06/03  
Options screen always gives an error on confirm saying You left the track naming template blank.  Using default template.  This is even when nothing has been changed...  

Adam  
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 02:47:50 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio
    stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.

CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
    Burning Audio CDs with "Decode Directly to CD" enabled does not write CD Text.

MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/27/06  Priority: Low
    Upgrading Resets Song Info Display
    When upgrading, any changes to the song info display area are reset.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    Horizontal Scrollbar Not Visible in Auto Smartlists
    The only thing visible at the bottom of the screen is the selection bar to choose "Files in playlist", etc.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/27/06  Priority: Low
    No Zone Display
    There should be an option somewhere to display the current zone.

Suggestions/Requests
  • Make the choice of tree view or panes an option either global or by scheme.
  • The ability to add underscores in filenames generated by MC9 (e.g., "the_cure_-_17_seconds.mp3").
Toast goes in the toaster.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 02:47:59 pm »

KnickelBug #1 - NEW
When properties pane is in undocked/floating mode, the little "down arrow" that indicates the pulldown menu is distorted after resize of the window.

KnickelBug #2
MC does not use no more the customized toolbar images from the skin folders - it always uses the standard toolbar images from "Default Art" folder.

EDIT: Ok, no bug ... just me beeing too stupid to give the images their right names, sorry!

KnickelBug #3
If "Album Thumbnails" is selected as list style and a single album is selected, there should be a thumbnail for every track of that album.

KnickelBug #4
Renamed custom fields still are shown as "Custom 1", "Custom 2", "Custom 3" in the library pane "headlines".

KnickelBug #5
"TRACKINFO_INSERT_YEAR" does not return a value for the track info templates.

KnickelBug #6
Using the "Search" image from the <PLAYERBAR> section as background for all searchbars looks ugly and cuts off the first letter of search string .

KnickelBug #7
Target bar and location toolbar should be drawn one or two pixels higher to allow better centered icons and text.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 02:53:55 pm »

KnickelBug #2
MC does not use no more the customized toolbar images from the skin folders - it always uses the standard toolbar images from "Default Art" folder.

You need to specify the bitmap in the skin's XML.  Check "Z" for an example.

KnickelBug #3
If "Album Thumbnails" is selected as list style and a single album is selected, there should be a thumbnail for every track of that album.

This is by design.  People didn't like the design you're suggesting. (which is what version 9.0 did)

First reported 26/06/03  
Panes to the right no longer reset.  I understand this wasn't popular with everyone but for some view schemes it is essential.  Please could it be made an option on a per view scheme level

Can you explain what you mean with a play-by-play?

But the recording doesn't start immediately when I press the record button

It's a bug.  We'll get it fixed in a coming build.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 02:59:25 pm »

Matt, I think what knickelfarz is referring to is slightly different.  The previous way was that Album thumbnails broke down to individual files if an artist only had one album at the artist level.  If his could be kept the same but then when a single album is selected in the album pane it shows individual thumbs for the tracks.  This is different to how 9.0 worked.  This way at an artist level we always see Album thumbs and at an album level we always see individual thumbs.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

221bBS

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2003, 03:05:30 pm »

BUGS

• In PLAYING NOW view the highlight (focus) use to keep the focus on the current playing track. It no longer does this. [6/27/2003]
  • This is back again...MC will only show itself if it is maximized. Trying to resize the window make MC dissappear. I have to right-click the taskbar and maximize to have MC show again. I am able to send it to the taskbar and when I click the taskbar it maximizes again. [6/26/2003 AGAIN 6/30/2003]
  • MC running for the first time or after a skin change will run minimized.[6/30/2003]

FIXED

• While using list-type field, I can't seem to use the grouping level feature in the column properties. Well I can use it but it does nothing.[6/24/2003]
  • In the PLAYER BAR the TRACK POSITION SLIDER does not work. Clicking a different position or dragging it to a different position does nothing.[6/27/2003]

WISHLIST

• Could artist and Genre fields have the option to become list-Type fields

THANK YOU! ;D

NoCodeUK

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2003, 03:06:16 pm »

Just realised you were referring to one of my other reports there too :)

K Play by play for reset to the right.  If I have a view scheme for example Series/Series #/Episode# for videos at the moment i can select for example Futurama/Series 1/Episode 4 and the bottom pane changes to reflect this episode showing its thumbnail.  Now if I select Series 2 I would expect the panes to reset to show Futurama/Series 2/All Episodes but instead it shows Futurama/Series 2/Episode 4.  Not all of my series have the same number of episodes and I don't really think episodes are related across a series so in this sense it makes sense for the panes to the right of series to reset when the series is changed and the same for series # as they are not directly related.

Adam

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2003, 03:12:13 pm »

This is by design.  People didn't like the design you're suggesting. (which is what version 9.0 did)

Well, I myself voted for changing that - and you did ;)
But the behavior like it's now wasn't what I expected ... maybe NoCodeUK described it better ;D

EDIT: I will try to describe it more detailed:

1. If you select an Artist A with one album, you should see one album thumb

2. If you select an Artist B with three albums, you should see three album thumbs (one for every album)

3. If you select the one Album from the Artist A from example 1. , you should see an album thumb for every track of that album.

4. If you select one of the Albums from the Artist B from example 2. , you should see an album thumb for every track of that album.

5. If you select two or three of the Albums from the Artist B from example 2. , you should see an album thumb for every track of these albums.

I think "Album Thumbnails" view would only be consistent if 1. to 5. are working (now only 1. and 2. are working) ... like it's now, the thumbs are quite useless, because you have to switch between "Details" view and "Album Thumbnails" view again and again to see the tracks of an album...

221bBS

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2003, 03:13:25 pm »

In the Navigation pane, Right-Clicking on a TITLE (can't remember what to call it..example Playing now, Album/Calendar & Media Library) will send you to that field. It will briefly flash the menu that should show instead before doing this.[6/30/2003]

NoCodeUK

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2003, 03:13:28 pm »

I'm afraid it still doesn't.  They can now have a grouping level added but the results are rather strange.  Using People field, If I set it to group at 3, I get nobody under A-C yet I have 5 people whose names start with A-C, Under D-F I get 2 people starting with B, one with D, one with M and one with P...etc  None of the groups are actually correct.

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2003, 03:15:29 pm »

I just realised the grouping is actually working correctly in that the bottom pane is showing the pics it should but due to the already mentioned grouping bug the level below the group is not correctly showing the names it should...

Adam

221bBS

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2003, 03:19:40 pm »

I'm afraid it still doesn't.  They can now have a grouping level added but the results are rather strange.  Using People field, If I set it to group at 3, I get nobody under A-C yet I have 5 people whose names start with A-C, Under D-F I get 2 people starting with B, one with D, one with M and one with P...etc  None of the groups are actually correct.

I just realised the grouping is actually working correctly in that the bottom pane is showing the pics it should but due to the already mentioned grouping bug the level below the group is not correctly showing the names it should...

At least I know they're working on the bug ;D

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2003, 03:37:14 pm »

If I choose "Hard Disk Location" from Media Library I then see my networked computer name.  If I expand  that are all the same choices as under Media Library.  If I choose Hard Disk Location again (2nd time it appears) I get this same bunch of choices (Genre/Artist/Album, Hard Disk Location, Album/Calander, Genre/Album, Calendar).  Each time I choose Hard Disk Location and expand it...get another level of the same.  This seems to go on forever.
I have 2 hard drives on my networked computer where the music is located -- then a few folders on both -- but this never shows up.  

RemyJ

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2003, 04:52:00 pm »

OK, the problem with the details and view panes resetting to "all" when changing list styles is officially getting old.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/30  Priority: High
    View schemes with grouped columns are showing the groupings but not the individual items even when explicitly defined as a lower level.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/30  Priority: High
    CD-TEXT isn't being written.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    You can no longer click on the position slider or drag the position slider thumb to seek.  Clicking on the slider simply change from Play Mode (Main) to Play Mode (Alternative) and back.  If you try to drag the thumb it just snaps back to where it was.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: High
    Switching libraries usually causes MC to crash

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    Double clicking on entries in the view lists does a 'Play' removing the existing entries instead of respecting the setting in General, Behavior.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/17  Priority: High
    Changing view between details and thumbnails resets the selection listboxes to '<all>'.  In the case of location based views, the view is reseet to the root.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    'Recently Playing Now's' are multiplying like rabbits and they confuse the drop target.  Update: They're not confusing the drop target anymore but they're still multiplying.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: Medium
    Can't import m3/mpl playlists.  The import dialog box comes reports 1 files scanned but 0 imported.  They play fine.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    If you rename a standard column the change isn't propogated to the new listbox column headers or selection menus.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    View Filter button doesn't save its state.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2003, 05:31:12 pm »

Very important issues:

- Something is wrong around data base engine.  A mp3 file having "\201i\222\264\216\236\213\363\227v\215\307\203}\203N\203\215\203X\203\244\201^ED2\201j\226\361\221\251\201o\212}\214\264\215O\216q\201p.mp3" file name is not playable in MC9.0 and MC9.1.  I sent a text file containing this filename to Matt.

Serious issues:

- All track info pages (dirt simple, DJ, ..., neoTropic) didn't show Japanese character.  They all show '?' instead.
- Copy and paste of tag information doesn't work properly.  For example, I select 20 songs in a album and push ^C to copy text information like song/artist/album name.  When I push ^V on Notepad, it shows only 15 songs information.
   I guess MC9 is copying the number of characters instead of bytes.  For the case of multi-bytes characters, everytime the number of characters is smaller than actual bytes.
- Japanese character is not sorted in Japanese alphabetical order.  Unicode didn't sort codes when they put characters, so need to sort them by using some rule based sort routine.  Java has such library like this, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vjref98/html/com.ms.wfc.app.Locale.Sort_f.asp.
However, there is no such library in C?, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/intl/nls_5jsj.asp.
- If I push return key at the end of smartlist edit, MC9 starts playing the smartlist.  Please stop this behavior.
- Panes should be resizeable.

Not serious:

- MC9.1 smartlist wizard is kinda slow.  I need to wait 7 seconds (it was 25 sec on 202 and 40 sec on 201.  it's being reduced much, but still...  hehe) to get a wizard window when I choose add artist rule from wizard.  It's beta, so I put this as non serious issue list.
- If I install MC9.1 to new machine, MC9.1 doesn't show window at first execution.  I saw this problem on 198, but never tested it again since need to install OS to test this.
- folder= query is noe filename= query.  Help file is needed to update.

Thanks.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2003, 05:43:18 pm »

OPEN First reported 26/06/03
In the tools > options dialog, the scrollable icon list to the left has a scrollbar that doesn't scroll smoothly. When you click the bar and drag downwards, there is a jump and flicker as it appears to display the OS default bar for a few moments, then redraws with the skinned bar.

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2003, 06:17:23 pm »

3. If you select the one Album from the Artist A from example 1. , you should see an album thumb for every track of that album.

I would rather that, if you select an album, MC would revert to details view so that I can actually see all of the tracks on the album by name, rather than looking at the same album covert art listed 15 times.

This would be somewhat different if we had a "knickelfarz" view, where, when I select the (one) album in the top area, I would get the details view in the bottom area.

I'm probably not making sense, but perhaps there are enough breadcrumbs in this request for it to be understood.

Regards,
Stuart

matshif

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2003, 06:29:50 pm »

Thanks for TIF support.

I got no Format information though.

/Mats

gusr

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2003, 10:25:03 pm »

5. Changed: Cover Art menu no longer shows audio-specific entries when non-audio files are selected.

It would be useful if you could do the same with Library tools menu. (You cannot use 'Analyze audio...' and 'Convert format...' in an image file.

DocLotus

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2003, 11:19:10 pm »

There are TWO icon sets showing up.  One on the top & one on the bottom.

The top set I can do away with (but I won't).

The bottom set seems to be frozen.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

DocLotus

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2003, 11:34:17 pm »

This has been showing up for the last several builds when I try to import music...

You are attempting to import from a directory which Media Jukebox normally excludes.  Are you sure you want to import from "C:\Audio-Video\Music\CD\"?

That is where all music is at & should not be a problem.

nila

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2003, 12:15:23 am »

BUGS
  • In playing now - did a filter (rating=[]) then right clicked on the files showing and did: Update Playlist order so it would basically remove all the files with a rating - This crashed MC instantly.
  • Search window chops off half of the first character
  • The auto hiding of the toolbar on the properties window makes it look alot nicer BUT the only way to access or even realise that the playlist/image/format/statistics window is there is via the little menu on the toolbar - for a first time user they'd have a hard enough time realising these other windows where there just from the little menu, if u then hide this window on top of that I feel that you are basically totally hiding this feature from them.
  • Properties pane does not update (show new fields created, changes to list type values etc) unless it is closed and then re-opened.
  • The panes are not working correctly for list types - it is showing all the values of the list whether or not there are any files actually using that value.
  • ALL panes are the same width no matter what they show resulting in some panes having literally 1" wasted space next to them while the pane next to it has all the fields with half of the info missing
    (try this view scheme to see how bad the effect can be: Date(year)/Track Type(custom field for album/single/compilation/soundtrack)/artist grouped(by 2)/artist/album grouped(by two)/year - album (custom field)

It's a GREAT view scheme with a lot of power that would fit easily if all the panes were just the width of the info in them - could we have an option similar to: Auto Size Columns - that was for the panes?

REQUESTS

View Scheme Groups!  ;D

Properties
  • Ability to create custom groups
  • Ability to customise which fields show in a view - preferably also with a button that toggles: Show all fields/Customised Fields - for the properties window
  • When creating calculated fields - some way of getting a list of all values that can be entered (right clicking with a list of insert values?)
  • Date fields need some way to be customised to choose what format they display/write the date as - they are also very confusing knowing exactly how the info is meant to be entered if u want to include time etc as well as the date
  • Date functions (ie  [Date(Year)]) should be accessible via simply: Year/Month  etc. unless there is some specific reason they cannot be as this would not cause any clashes as there are no fields called: Year etc.
  • GOOD ONE Custom fields to do calculations of the files grouped by that sorting (ie equivalent to what we see in the status bar when we click on a pane) - Would like ones for: Average rating (of the group - not for anything specific so if we used it with an artist group it would display the average rating for that artist, if we did it with album it would display the adverage rating for that album etc - and for total time so we could do the same again - total time for the artist, total time for the album etc. as well as number of tracks :)

Converting/Encoding
  • A GUI to let us tweak the settings for the different formats - especially the most standard formats.
  • Ability to save settings

Ripping
  • More options with the ripping in terms of: Rip and encode simultaneously, rip track then encode track rip next track and encode next track etc., rip all tracks then encode all tracks, rip and encode in the background allowing us to que up tracks to be encoded while MC is ripping the CD's as fast as it can.
  • Ability to save profile of all the settings like there is in EAC (good for being able to quickly change loads of settings like: New CD, Old Scratched CD)
  • When a CD is entered for ripping and the track info known - enable us to edit the text displayed before ripping the tracks.
  • An option to write CRC Checksum into the comment field
  • An option to create a .m3u playlist file for the album ripped
  • Support of ripping with .cue sheet support
  • Ability to rip multiple songs as one file

Burning
  • Ability to rename files
  • An option to have the burn playlist automatically saved to a playlist group called: 'Burnt Items' with the CD then saved with the date and time of burn or AT LEAST an option, like EVERY other windows program has, to give us a prompt before wiping out the whole playlist after burning (this is totally oposite to EVERY other program and is HUGELY annoying - pressing a 'Clear Playlist' button is not a hard task to clear it if people want to or answering a : Do u wish to clear the playlist : yes/no' question.)

Other
  • Folder monitoring
    this was discussed previously and decided against as it would slow down the start of MC but if it could be set up so that it acted like a screen saver and just started checking the folders etc after X minutes of the computer being idle it would work great.

Marty3d

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2003, 12:56:32 am »

Installation bug:
- After installing 9.1.x, the previous version (9.0) is still present in Add/Remove programs.

Haven't tried but found in previous build:
- MC forgets customized title (the big one in the upper middle) and reverts to default after you install a new build.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2003, 01:03:43 am »

13. NEW: Added support for TIF and PNG files.

Wow - that was quick !!!

Thanks Nikolay

Jim

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2003, 02:21:29 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/01  Priority: High
    In a view scheme with an Album Artist (Auto) column which includes grouping followed by an Album Artist (Auto) column without grouping, the pane flitering does not work. No artist information is shown in the second Album Artist (Auto) column.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/01  Priority: Low
    After performing a database update the information dialog includes the text '0 file(s) deleted for the Media Jukebox cover art directory'. This should say Media Center.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/30  Priority: Medium
    When the library name is set to Default the library name doesn't appear in the display window.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/30  Priority: High
    The progress bar in the display window cannot be used to change the play position. After moving the slider and releasing the mouse playback continues from the same point as before.

When you change the list style, pane filtering is reset.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: Medium
    When MC starts up with the start location set to a view scheme, the view scheme's tree is automatically expanded. This ignores the 'Auto Expand Tree' option.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/26  Priority: High
    Browse by Locations doesn't work correctly. If I browse to a folder containing sub-folders I am only able to see tracks if I select <all>. If I select a sub-folder no tracks are displayed and I am unable to browse into the sub-folder.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/25  Priority: Low
    Surfin' Juke appears on the task bar icon for the Confirm Action, Downloading plugin and Information dialogs.

The Month and Date are not read from images where the EXIF date is set to 2002:01:01 00:00:00. The Date(month) and Date(day) are both listed as unassigned. This date was set on a number of photos from a colleague's camera where he had changed the battery and forgot to set the clock. Update: MC9.1 incorrectly displays the EXIF date in the Format window as 2002 when other software correctly reports it as 2002:01:01 00:00:00.

When you first view the Extended file info only Album Artist, Composer, Image File, Keywords, Lyrics and Notes are displayed. You can only get the other Extended fields to appear by changing the bottom left pane to a different view then back to File Info.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: High
    When you add a new value to a tag using the File Info pane, the top pane does not update to show that value. For example, I added Phil in the People field and this did not automatically appear in the People column. I had to switch to a different view scheme and go back to the original view scheme for the update to be displayed.

_K_C_

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2003, 02:22:08 am »

Very important issues:

- Something is wrong around data base engine.  A mp3 file having "\201i\222\264\216\236\213\363\227v\215\307\203}\203N\203\215\203X\203\244\201^ED2\201j\226\361\221\251\201o\212}\214\264\215O\216q\201p.mp3" file name is not playable in MC9.0 and MC9.1.  I sent a text file containing this filename to Matt.

Other than to try and break the database, the purpose of this filename is... ?   Am I missing the joke?
;D

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2003, 02:30:41 am »

would you make a tool for creating 9.1 skins so the skin database is increased ? :)

for me i hope so :)
Tamer

_K_C_

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2003, 02:32:39 am »

Adam

May be a related bug to:

View scheme for audio files:
Date(Year) grouped at 5
Date(Year) no grouping
Artist
Album

Looking at the tree:
5 Year grouping works
If there should be only one year under a five year grouping, then it appears as a sub-element
If there should be more than one year under a five year grouping then there are no sub-elements

I'm not sure I'd actually use this scheme, I was just experimenting  :)

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2003, 05:53:07 am »

Hello Matt,

A little bug in 209: When using the search box, the pixels at the left of the first character in the search string are missing. The first char is then truncated on the left.

C
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2003, 07:26:25 am »

VERTICAL scrollbars still disappear in the panes.

// AJ

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2003, 08:34:47 am »

When the main pane is scrolled to the right, the column header still highlights a column header to the LEFT of the mouse cursor. When the mouse is clicked it selects the column under the mouse even though it's not the one that highlights. This gives a messy, unprofessional feel.

Also, when I highlight an artist and hit play (when there's only one album on the artist) the next artist will also highlight, although it only shows the songs from the album I was seeing when I hit play. Again, not earthshaking but it makes the program feel kludgy.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2003, 11:17:18 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/01  Priority: Low
    Player Window Switching
    Clicking anywhere off the slider, even barely, causes the displayed info to change.  There should be a bit of buffer space around the slider and clicking beneath it shouldn't affect the display at all.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2003, 01:39:36 pm »

APE Interuptus
We're pretty sure this started with the 9.1 beta . .
APE encoded files play fine until accessed over a local area network.  
When playing an APE file stored ona  remote computer over a LAN the file replay has delays or breaks.  Interestingly regardless of which of the three non-server machines on the network is used the silent periods are the same.  Buffers for about 10 seconds, plays normally for about 9 seconds, silence for about 15 seconds then plays okay.  This remains true accross a range of APE file sizes.
Any thoughts anybody?

Ken

Media Center Registered 9.1.209 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2252 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 167 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: 100 %

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2003, 01:46:27 pm »

APE Interuptus
We're pretty sure this started with the 9.1 beta . .
APE encoded files play fine until accessed over a local area network.  
When playing an APE file stored ona  remote computer over a LAN the file replay has delays or breaks.  Interestingly regardless of which of the three non-server machines on the network is used the silent periods are the same.  Buffers for about 10 seconds, plays normally for about 9 seconds, silence for about 15 seconds then plays okay.  This remains true accross a range of APE file sizes.
Any thoughts anybody?

I think it's probably your network or some network setting.  I've been playing APE files over my home network all the time with 9.1 without a problem.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2003, 01:54:09 pm »

MINOR BUG:
F2 rename on view scheme names is broken

IMPORTANT BUG:
Album Artist (auto) with first letter grouping is broken.

MINOR BUG:
View Schemes in the tree are not ordered alphabetically

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2003, 02:09:35 pm »

I think it's probably your network or some network setting.  I've been playing APE files over my home network all the time with 9.1 without a problem.

Thanks Matt, I appreciate your quick response.  You may very well be right that its in my LAN, but . .

I did just had my network guy out here troubleshooting a month ago over the slow Import Files issue.  He pronuced the network normal and it did turn out to be an application issue.
Plus I've tested several other formats, including other higher bit rate encoding formats with the same songs and they play fine.
Finally, it consistent with every APE file I test; same result, same pattern of silences against different machines with different network cards.  All network functions work normally (as far as I can tell) with all machines except accessing an APE file.

Ken

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2003, 05:14:53 pm »

Laptop woes...

I have been unable to successfully run any build higher than 202 on my Thinkpad T30.  I thought that I had resolved the problem on the last build, but after rebooting, MC crashed immediately upon opening.  Builds 203-209 crash immediately upon opening or following media import in the case that I've deleted the existing library.  I've done fresh installs with a clean registry and upgrades.  Don't know what else to try.

Shelly

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2003, 05:22:19 pm »

Very important issues:
- Something is wrong around data base engine.  A mp3 file having "\201i...\201p.mp3" file name is not playable in MC9.0 and MC9.1.

This is closed.  The source of this problem was in Samba server not in the MC9.  Thanks Matt.

All network functions work normally (as far as I can tell) with all machines except accessing an APE file.

Ken, do you have this problem on particular APE files only?  I have no problem for playing back APE files through network either.

On the other hand, I remember I had such interruption on MC9.1 when I kept MC9.1 running for a few days.  At that time, MC9 was showing "buffering" whenever it interrupts the play-back and the problem was solved by restarting MC9.  I've never seen this problem after that, though.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2003, 06:34:07 pm »

NEW First reported 01/07/03
When using a mini-me skin (SonixMedia in this case), when toggling the volume on using the mute button there is a pause of about 5-9 seconds where the scrolling display and visualization freeze. During this time, the entire application is frozen ... clicking anywhere has no effect.

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2003, 08:03:41 pm »

Please change the default on Ratings column to be NOT VISIBLE. I doubt very many people really use this, and I keep clickin on the dang dots by mistake.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2003, 05:19:57 am »

Hello,

Thanks for your new version. I've been able to update the DB from MJ9 to 9.1 without failure.
Two I'd like to mention:

1/  I face again a change in behave of MJAutomation regarding the filename.
With MJ9.1  changing the filename with MJAutomation generate an autmatic rename of file even is "üpdatle tags when file info change" is unselected.
Since MJ 8, this auto rename  has been on and off:
in release version of MJ8  changing the filename had no impact  :)
in many beta version of MJ9  changing the filename implied an automatic rename :(
in release version of MJ9  changing the filename had no impact  :)
in beta version of MJ9.1  changing the filename implies an automatic rename :(

This permanent change in behavior is stressful  (I have Macros in MJAuto which manipulate filename for different reasons) and I have sometime bad surprise.

2/ Visualization studio has still issues to access Custom and Composer field. I also cannot edit text in studio, I have to work in the xml file.

Regards

Phil

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2003, 09:48:50 am »

1)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!

2)Clicking "Remove column" in the left upper pane column  causes the program to crash. ( I am trying to go back to the old 'Media library' view, with the tree on the left and file list on the right.)

3) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.

4)The shuffle, DSP, and continuous buttons are too hard to see.

5)I like the program a lot, but it seems stability is an issue with many users and now reviewers as well.  I think it should be high on the priority list.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2003, 11:52:35 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Medium
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up