INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synching In The True Sense?  (Read 1068 times)

Chrispod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Synching In The True Sense?
« on: July 01, 2003, 05:09:01 pm »

Hi, I began synching yesterday as a way of putting music on my new generation 10G &20G iPods, after downloading the new version of MC9. I am still in awe of how good the new MC9 is, I could spend all day playing with it.  But I have a few questions.

1:  How can I tell which version I am using (in the opening window in still says 9).  After installing, I noticed there are TWO new versions.  Should I use the one that's in BETA (perhaps I am).

2:  I use two iPods, so having the different playlists is a dream.  I have also made some fun playlists.  My q is, I thought that when I sync a second time, and exclude a playlist, I would expect it to disappear if it's not "checked" in the box to be included.  But I tried this, and the songs from the first sync are still there.  How would I therefore delete unwanted songs?

3:  In some cases, the artist's name does not appear in the iPod window when playing back a song in a playlist.
In this case, the whole playlist doesn't show the artist name, but then in other playlists, the name appears.

Thanks again to J RIVER for the best, most exciting MC9 ever.

I love the fact that MC9 opens up when I plug in one or the other iPod.  I've been complaining about recognition problems for 6 months, so to have it just open up is amazing.

Christopher

nila

Re: Synching In The True Sense?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 01:16:24 am »

Answer to 1. is help/about

Dont have an iPod to know the rest - if u get me one I'll help u :)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 06:03:00 am »

Christopher,

In regards to item '2', before you synch, select 'Delete items not in synch' in the synchronization dialogue. This will delete any songs and playlists not in the synch.

In regards to item '3', right click on your iPod drive letter and check out 'Select Artist Field'. Make sure 'Artist' is selected. If you have any of the other fields selected, that is where your problem is.

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 09:03:20 am »

Hehe, told ya so!

8)  ;)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync
Pages: [1]   Go Up