INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with "Panel" (web interface) in some circumstances - long track names  (Read 1332 times)

klapaciuss

• Recent member

Hello. Panel (web interface of Media Center) is great feature but it is usable only with general pop music audio tracks with short names. There is problem with classical music tracks and albums which have typically long track and album names. In Panel there is only one row for displaying names and font size is too big. From this reason Panel is unusable for listening classical music.

For example. When album consists with 14 tracks which names start always with "Dmitri Shostakovitch: Symphony No.14 - ..." I see in Panel only beginning of this names which are the same for all tracks.

In comparison - JRemote is designed very well regarding this problem.

It would be nice to add following possibility to Media Center Panel configuration (on server side):

1) Possibility to configure font size for album and track name
2) Possibility to configure line spacing in list of tracks
3) Possibility to select two or more rows for displaying track names
4) Possibility to configure folder icon size and spacing

Is there possibility to implement something like that?

Regards. Marek

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

We're still tuning things like that.

You could change the font in your browser.  Ctrl + and ctrl - are the shortcuts in Chrome.

klapaciuss

• Recent member

We're still tuning things like that.

You could change the font in your browser.  Ctrl + and ctrl - are the shortcuts in Chrome.

I know about it but it is only workaround and it is not suitable for mobile platform, it solve problem only partially and it is not user friendly.

I tried also Gizmo on Android. There is more rows for track name but font size is extremely big.  I don't understand why this gigantic font size was chosen without possibility of user configuration of font size. See picture below. Appropriate font size for track name would be size of font used in zone name on the picture.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I know about it but it is only workaround and it is not suitable for mobile platform, it solve problem only partially and it is not user friendly. I tried also Gizmo on Android. There is more rows for track name but font size is extremely big. I don't understand why this gigantic font size was chosen without possibility to user configuration of font size. See picture below. Appropriate font size for track name would be size of font used in zone name on the picture.
The phone interface still isn't finished.  Please take a look again next week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up