INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dementia Assistant!!!  (Read 1106 times)

DougTelf

Dementia Assistant!!!
« on: August 18, 2017, 09:17:33 am »

I am 76 years old and my memory is deteriorating. I don't have dementia but it scares me. I have an Echo Dot. I have no interest in using J Rivera Media Center as a media center as you all do. Therefore it would be an expensive toy to play with. I want to try to use it recover personal memories and information. I want to link it to Alexa and be able to ask questions and receive an answer based on information I have stored. I could store the information as recorded mp3 files or perhaps use text to speech file. Questions might be as varied as 'What are the names of our friends in Thorner' or 'How do I make a cup of coffee', 'Where do I keep my house keys' and many many more. I see these pieces of information stored in something like an Excel file with various tags to be able to retrieve them. By building up a bank of these answers and with Echo dot units round the house I would feel very much more confident about dealing with any future problem. Has anyone any ideas of how I could achieve my objective?

johnnysix

• Recent member
Re: Dementia Assistant!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:39:03 am »

This is one of the more "left field" queries I've seen on JRiver forum! The closest I can envision is that you would record a bunch of mp3 speech files titled after the answers you want, put them into JRiver, then you would tell Alexa something like "ask House Band to play 'coffee instructions'". It's long winded, but the idea of only keeping an excel file is a stretch too far I'm afraid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up