INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favourites - Help  (Read 1276 times)

JollyJim

• World Citizen
Favourites - Help
« on: July 01, 2003, 02:28:49 am »

This probabably sounds a bit basic at this stage of the game, but I'm totally lost on this subject.

Is it poss to set up, say, a set of favourites for my son, a set for she-who-must-be-obeyed and a set for me just by using the favourites feature?

If so, could someone guide me through - thanks

Jim

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Favourites - Help
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 03:43:14 am »

Here's my idea...

1) Create a custom field call Favorites. Change the Data Type into List (Semicolon Delimited). You can fill in the Values if yor want at this point (EXAMPLE: Son;Wife) or you can leave this blank and let the person fill this in as they work...

2) Create a new View Scheme for each person (Example: Son's Favorites or Wife's Favorites ). Edit the view scheme and add the following rule: Favorites include Son. Where "Son" is the name that will be used in the custom field created in 1.

3) If using V9.1.XXX customize the pane in the view scheme to some kind of default (Example: Artist (grouped by 1), Artist, Album).

4) Have your wife and son browse the library. When they come accross a song, album and/or artist they want to add to their favorites they can assign it to the new Favorties field

nila

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 12:13:24 pm »

Umm - do u mean a list of ur favourite songs or the Favourites feature inside of MC?

221bBS

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 01:11:30 pm »

OOOP! I should have read the post more carefully ;D

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 02:10:15 pm »

Yeah - I meant the Favourites Feature within MC. I kinda expected to be able to just 'double-click' (or whatever) tracks into it and then retrieve them(or whatever) into playing now (or whatever). As you can see, I'm not really sure what I'm talking about here (or whatever) - I guess I just can't see how this feature works.

Thanks for replying on this both of you - I await your next reply in eager anticipation (or whatever !!)

thanks - Jim

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 02:52:57 pm »

The favorites feature basically just lets you create a shortcut to a node in the tree. So you could have a link to Recently Played or your Artist\Album view scheme.

I think what you want to do is just create 3 playlists, one for you, your wife, and your son, and then just add the files you want to those playlists.

And then you can add those playlists to your Favorites.

nila

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 01:05:08 am »

Yeah, Doof's right
U want to make playlists :)

One for each person of their songs.

U can then tie these into whichever view schemes u want so that u create view schemes which just navigate your files in the playlist instead of them all :)

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 02:38:44 am »

Okey dokey - thanks guys

Have a nice one - Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up