INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Feature Request: Customise Default Start View/Folder  (Read 1409 times)

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen

As a long-time user of JRemote/Id combination, I would politely like to suggest a couple of ideas that would greatly improve the experience for me. The first one is to have a way of setting the starting view/folder/page. Every time I start JRemote I have to navigate the very same path: Audio/Album, which is only a few clicks, but I would much rather it either remembered where I have left off, or, ideally, it would let me customise this starting place. I like to start my listening seeing all the albums covers...

Many thanks,
Rafal

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote Feature Request: Customise Default Start View/Folder
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 03:55:12 pm »

This would be useful to me as well.

#1 use case is JRemote to play back audio through my gear

#2 is video - but that can be a day or two between

I do the same thing you do :)

--
TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 04:56:05 pm »

That's odd.  Do you kill JRemote in between sessions or something?  I ask because I use EOS remote and it always just stays on the last thing I left it on.  Playing Now, Albums, etc.  It just stays.

So if I come back 2 days after the last time I used it, it's still in the same spot.  I don't restart the app, I just leave it running.

Brian.

RD James

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 06:43:50 pm »

That's odd.  Do you kill JRemote in between sessions or something?
It does resume, but JRemote is not the most stable app, so tends to do that by itself. Especially if I connect or disconnect headphones via the Apple adapter when something is playing.
Having the option to open to a specific view when that happens, or perhaps a screen with a list of favorites which are one tap away would be useful.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 06:48:18 pm »

It does resume, but JRemote is not the most stable app, so tends to do that by itself. Especially if I connect or disconnect headphones via the Apple adapter when something is playing.
Apple bug.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 07:24:10 am »

That's odd.  Do you kill JRemote in between sessions or something?  I ask because I use EOS remote and it always just stays on the last thing I left it on.  Playing Now, Albums, etc.  It just stays.

So if I come back 2 days after the last time I used it, it's still in the same spot.  I don't restart the app, I just leave it running.

Brian.

depends.   i restart when i reboot the server jriver runs on else jremote cant reconnect.   jremote can also be a bit finicky.   if i add new media to the library or change some view settings in the library i need to restart the app so it picks up the changes properly

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables
Pages: [1]   Go Up