INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems registering MC  (Read 2397 times)

janderuijter

• Recent member
Problems registering MC
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:37:23 pm »

A clean install of Windows 10 x64 has been made by me on a Intel NUC device. After that I've installed J River 23 and installed the .mjr file. Just to be sure and avoid comments as in previous posts about the same problem I've disabled the Windows Firewall for both public and private traffic. No other firewall is installed.

I go to Tools => Options => Media Network and "Enable Media Network .........." After that I click on "... Access Key ....." ending in a popup saying "Library Server could not be registered with JRiver ........". When I start Wireshark to see what is happening I see a http GET going to JRiver but everything ends in a RST from my JRiver server.

Can someone explain how I can solve this problem or get around it because in this way my JRiver server isn't going to work.

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems registering MC
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 05:25:14 pm »

Are you trying to enter a license there (in Media Network)?  That's not the correct place.

Did you succeed in licensing MC?  You can find the status under the Help menu.

If, instead, you're now trying to get Media Network running, then the firewall may still be active.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 08:47:43 pm »

A clean install of Windows 10 x64 has been made by me on a Intel NUC device. After that I've installed J River 23 and installed the .mjr file. Just to be sure and avoid comments as in previous posts about the same problem I've disabled the Windows Firewall for both public and private traffic. No other firewall is installed.

I go to Tools => Options => Media Network and "Enable Media Network .........." After that I click on "... Access Key ....." ending in a popup saying "Library Server could not be registered with JRiver ........". When I start Wireshark to see what is happening I see a http GET going to JRiver but everything ends in a RST from my JRiver server.

Can someone explain how I can solve this problem or get around it because in this way my JRiver server isn't going to work.

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter
the .mjr file is only good for 14 days so if it's past that time frame you need to generate another....disabling the fire wall installing MC and then possible re-enabling the fire wall is not the way to do it...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

janderuijter

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 03:36:51 am »

Hi,

As shown at the attached screencopies 01-03:

The product is registered (Clipboard01.jpg)

I'm not able to get Media Network running (Clipboard02.jpg)

Firewall is disabled  for both private and public traffic, to be sure I disabled the "Windows Firewall" service in services.msc (Clipboard03.jpg &  Clipboard04.jpg)

I might do something wrong but have no idea of what I'm doing wrong or something doesn't work as might be expected. In both cases what  do have I to do?

Kind  regards,
Jan de Ruijter

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 05:00:34 am »

have you turned off pc and turned it back on?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

janderuijter

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 05:09:51 am »

I did with no succes

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 05:34:18 am »

You may have other "security" software preventing access.

janderuijter

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 05:52:14 am »

Sorry Jim but no. I've executed a clean install of W10 and directly installed MC23 there after (and Devialet AIR driver) .  As already shown I disabled The "Windows Firewall" so there really is no other FW software.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 06:53:47 am »

Router?

janderuijter

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 08:51:15 am »

Hi Jim,

To start with thanks for your response.

I connected my NUC to my Internet router wired. I disabled the Firewall on the Internet router, on the NUC the Firewall is disabled already.

I was not able to register my MC23, same problems.

I've started Wireshark to capture the traffic to 216.14.187.170 (ip.addr == ) (rename MC23Lic.txt to MC23Lic.pcap). What I see is the three way handshake taking place (SYN - SYN/ACK - ACK) aka a session on port 80 (http) is established. After that I see a HTTP GET request (see MC23HTTPGet.txt) to (part of URL)  http://wr.jriver.com/libraryserver/register?port=52199....... After about 10 secs (time-out?) The MC23 server sends a RST to 216.14.187.170 aka an ungraceful cancel of the session.

I've tried the same with MC23 build 19 instead of build 41 without success.

I hope this information helps with a solution to my problem.

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 09:48:00 am »

Please don't post license text.

Are you using a proxy server?  Or anything else out of the ordinary as far as networking?

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 09:48:26 am »

I'm trying to scan our server log files to see if I can gather info about the problem.  Are you still using an access key that begins with "Pj" ??  I don't see any connection to our server since August 18th under that key.  If you're using a different access key, email it to me: "johnt at jriver dot com" and I'll re-check the log files.
Edit: Sorry, I see that you can't get an access key at all.  Perhaps you can email me your IP address and I'll check for that in the logs.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 10:08:41 am »

If you go to "http://wr.jriver.com/alive" in a web browser on that computer, do you see an "OK" reply?

janderuijter

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 10:23:50 am »

Hi JohnT,

How do I reach you by mail?

Kind regards,
Jan

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2017, 10:24:54 am »

johnt at jriver

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 04:07:23 pm »

The server took 20 seconds to respond for your request, which Media Center timed out.   It was a reverse DNS problem which has now been fixed.  Thanks for the detailed reporting of the problem.

janderuijter

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 02:25:33 pm »

Thnx for the help
Pages: [1]   Go Up