INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Importing  (Read 1516 times)

LennyM

• Recent member
Question about Importing
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:08:12 pm »

I'm having a terrible time getting my files into JR exactly as I would like them to be.

Most of what I want to import at the moment are ripped SACD files organized on a hard disk exactly as I would like them to be organized under Audio Panes in JR within the content pane if that is possible.  I would like JR to ignore whatever tagging is found on the music files and organize the folders just as I have done on the hard disk (before getting JR).

For example, from a single disk there are two concertos.  I have put each in a folder which contains its movements.  I would like the concertos to remain separate in Panes so that when I click on the first movement of one of them, the remaining movements of (just) that concerto would follow.  However, what JR does is to group them under the heading of the disk on which they originate.  That gives me the two concertos (and six movements) grouped together.  What interests me, of course, is the music and not the organization of the originating disk.

Alternatively, for some of my disks I have a folder for the disk(s) and within it separate folders for each of the musical selections.  I would like to see it organized that way in the content pane.  But the program throws them all together in one continuous group.

Alternatively I have some music originally on two disks.  I have combined them into one (which makes musical sense) but JR separates them into their originating disk organization of two folders.  I would want just one large folder.

Is what I want possible?.  Can I organize my music library the way I want?  If so can someone tell me how?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Newbe Question about Importing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 03:33:29 pm »

anything is possible with MC....BUT most of it if not all will depend on the TAGS. you can mess around with all sorts of views and the such but it would be much easier to adjust your TAGS....others will be chirping in to help with classical music which from what I have read over the yrs is or can be the most complicated! Be patient and someone with more knowledge of that genre will be along to guide you....good luck
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

MikeO

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 07:30:10 am »

OM is right you can do almost anything, but not without some effort

I suggest you master 2 mc configure,Custom Tags and Custom Views, there is stuff in the Wiki for both.

First create a custom tag Performance or Work. Then make the 3 movements the same performance e.g. Beethoven PC 3

Now create a custom view composer>Album>Performance

You will now see your album with its 2 sub performances.

I use Performance since there is software about that can help you fill in the new Custom Tag with a little effort

For classical I would recommend that at a minimum you get Composer, Artist, Orchstra, Conductor sorted. Composer and Artist go a long way to sorting views in mc

Nb use the Composer tag NOT the composer in the artist tag.

I have spent many happy hours sorting mine !

How this helps

Mike

MikeO

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 07:38:16 am »

Sorry missed Q 2

For A 2 disc set renumber tracks as 101 - track name 1 etc

Order them in std view and use library tools renumber tracks , this will set your tracks as 1 ... 21 etc

Now look for Disc # and delete 1 & 2 or make me both 1 , the disc split will disappear

Mike

DJLegba

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 07:54:45 am »

Sorry missed Q 2

For A 2 disc set renumber tracks as 101 - track name 1 etc

Order them in std view and use library tools renumber tracks , this will set your tracks as 1 ... 21 etc

Now look for Disc # and delete 1 & 2 or make me both 1 , the disc split will disappear

Mike

For multi-disc sets be sure to USE the disc # field, and don't bother renumbering the tracks. As long as the album name is the same (eg remove "(Disc 1)" from the end of the album name) they will appear as one album in the correct sequence. You certainly don't want to be renumbering tracks for operas, many of which have 20 or more tracks on each of three or four discs.

MikeO

Re: Question about Importing
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 09:09:28 am »

I was thinking more of DUO type discs rather than the Ring  >:(

I personally would leave the disc # in place too, that wasn't how I read the question ....

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up