INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Record a certain season number  (Read 1193 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
Record a certain season number
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:09:09 am »

Hi all, just wonder if this can be done via the tag rules (as the tile says) one channel are showing all the seasons of a  show but i have got three season but not the foruth so im trying to figure out how to just subscribe to the season 4 (the time slot for this season is any time during week and weekend are repeats, but also showing mixture of 1 to 3 seasons episodes aswell ) henece why i just want season 4

ps epg data has every thing ie seasons , numbers, original air dates..

many thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Record a certain season number
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 06:32:57 pm »

You do that easily using TV Recording Rules, rather than Tag Rules.

The image attached shows a complex recording rule I use for Doctor Who. Don't worry about trying to understand the first five lines, because they are very specific to my EPG data and are a logic nightmare!

Take note of the last three lines of rules. They are all enclosed in the one set of brackets () which means that they have an OR statement between them.

The first line says record anything from Season 00, which is the Specials. I always record the Specials as I never know when they will be aired.
The next line record anything from Season 1, because I was missing a couple of Episodes and wanted to fill the gap in my collection.
The third line says record anything in Season 10 or later seasons.

In the Rules box on the left you can see the "English" version of those three lines. ([Season]=[00] or [Season]=[1] or [Season]=>=10)

The rule you should add is much simpler. Just add a Rule that says "Season is 4", and MC should format that to mean all your existing rules AND the new rule that the Episode must be from Season 4 must be true. The AND statement is always assumed in these rules unless an OR is specifically included by wrapping the rules in brackets (). The new rule should just add;

[Season]=[4]
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Record a certain season number
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 06:40:19 pm »

RoderickGI beat me to it.

Here is the simpler rule that is more like what you need.  Notice that I explicitly specified the AND relationship using the [ ] brackets (circled in blue in the screenshot).  As RoderickGI stated, that is optional.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up