INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Record Sound needs 90 seconds to start  (Read 918 times)

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
Record Sound needs 90 seconds to start
« on: July 01, 2003, 01:34:24 am »

Hi there,

I haven't been posting onto the forum for ages, but I'm with you guys since Media Jukebox 7.0. (However, since I forgot my login name, I needed to re-register ...)

Unfortunately I have a problem with this and the latest builds, which might be caused by performance problems. My collection has 19000+ songs at the moment and today I tired to rip some of my original mini-discs via the Record Sound option. But the recording doesn't start immediately when I press the record button. It lasts about 90 seconds before it records.

I then created a very small library with only 200+ songs and the recording started almost immediately.

Well, even though I could swap libraries to rip the mini-discs, I don't really wanna do that. Also I fear that I might face more performance problems in all kinds of fields.

Isn't MediaCenter able to handle such an amount of music? Actually there's more to come until I have my complete collection ripped (about 1500 original (!) CDs, I'm not downloading or sharing, keeping the industry alive, hehe).

It would be disappointing if I reached the capacities of this wonderful piece of software. I will probably never understand why such rubbisch like MusicMatch came with my Archos Jukebox Recorder (60 GB) and my new iPod (30 GB). It's useless - MediaCenter is the prog to use. But whom I'm telling that?    

Thanks for your help in advance and best regards,

Mighty A-MAN

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Record Sound needs 90 seconds to start
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 01:45:52 am »

Matt replied to your comment in the bug thread.  He says this is a bug and should be fixed in the next build or two.  I have been experiencing this one too...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 02:31:02 am »

Hi NoCodeUK,

Well, this proofes again that people who can read have a big advantage in life ...    ;)

I tried to find an answer before I re-posted here, but couldn't. Sorry about that and thanks for your help.

It's good to know that's a bug only and not a capacity problem.

Cheers,

Mighty A-MAN

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 02:40:41 am »

No Problem.  I missed the thread too as Matt had asked for an explanation of one of my problems and I didn't see it.  I blame the fact it was late at night ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up