INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orphan TV Logo files  (Read 2371 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Orphan TV Logo files
« on: September 05, 2017, 04:23:43 pm »

I seem to be getting a lot of TV logo files left behind in the TV Logos folder.

I record quite a few TV shows every night (ABCNews, 7:30,  etc) and each one seems to get their own Logo file (ABCNews(1).jpg, ABCNews(2).jpg, ABCNews(3).jpg ....), rather than sharing one.

My subscription rules say to only keep the last 5 recordings, but my logo folder has ABCNews(1).jpg right through to ABCNews(99).jpg still in there!

I also have logos still in there for shows I have manually deleted.

I am using the Aussie EPG setup with ICETV in case this relates to the issue.

Cheers
Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Orphan TV Logo files
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 04:58:10 pm »

Do you record in JTV or TS?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 02:39:12 am »

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 07:25:51 am »

I made some changes recently on that.  However I was concentrating on moving and copying the jtv files, not sure if deleting was included in my effort.  I will check.  Are your thumbnail files saved in separate locations or in the same folder as the JTV file itself?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:17:26 am »

Just to clarify, are these image files individual program images, like the ABC News Cover Art, and are they provided by IceTV with the EPG data?

Or are they Channel Logo files, of which you only need one copy ever, until the logo changes? If they are IceTV Channel Logo files, is there a setting in IceTV to only send one image, and any updates, not with every program? I haven't used IceTV in ages, but I think I read that they were providing Channel Logos these days, since the company's rescue.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 05:26:14 am »

Just to clarify, are these image files individual program images, like the ABC News Cover Art, and are they provided by IceTV with the EPG data?

Or are they Channel Logo files, of which you only need one copy ever, until the logo changes? If they are IceTV Channel Logo files, is there a setting in IceTV to only send one image, and any updates, not with every program? I haven't used IceTV in ages, but I think I read that they were providing Channel Logos these days, since the company's rescue.

They are individual program images, so the same ABC News cover art image for each program.  I can understand MC saving each one but I think it just isn't deleting them when the program/recording is deleted.

I assume they are coming from ICETV in the EPG data, yes.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 08:16:00 am »

In an upcoming build:

2. Fixed: When deleting JTV files, thumbnail/coverart files, ComSkip files, and other sidecar files that were saved in the same folder were not always deleted.
3. Fixed: When deleting TV recordings, thumbnail/coverart files that were saved in separate locations, such as "Cover Art" or "Cover Art\TV Logos" folder, were not deleted.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 03:06:47 pm »

In an upcoming build:

2. Fixed: When deleting JTV files, thumbnail/coverart files, ComSkip files, and other sidecar files that were saved in the same folder were not always deleted.
3. Fixed: When deleting TV recordings, thumbnail/coverart files that were saved in separate locations, such as "Cover Art" or "Cover Art\TV Logos" folder, were not deleted.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up