Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panels  (Read 2227 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Panels
« on: September 13, 2017, 04:45:08 am »

Hi,

Just updated to MC23 for Windows and tried running Webgizmo. When I run it locally on the W7 machine (localhost:52199 or 192.168.X.XXX:52199) the panel comes up fine. Audio works, but images and video do not (photos or films never start, the bar at the bottom of the screen seems to show they are loading but nothing ever appears). I have tried this with Firefox.

When I try running webgizmo from one of my Macs on the same network using either Firefox or Safari the connection times out. I tried adding 52199 to port forwarding in my router (Asus AC-66U), but it made no difference.

Any idea what could be wrong?

PS. JRemote will not connect any longer either (times out; response status to access key is OK). The various Sonos players no longer show up either. Remote Desktop connects fine.

PSS. I am totally confused by this behaviour. Using MC22 I played music to the various Sonos players all day yesterday. Now they are not even found. When instead of MC23 on the Windows 7 machine I use my Raspberry Pi, all Sonos players show up and can be played to using MC22. In fact, I just tried webgizmo on the Raspberry and music plays fine.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Webgizmo
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 03:19:35 am »

I found the problem, it turned out to be really easy to solve but awfully difficult to spot. What I had to do was go to Options > Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA, deselect it and reselect it, and that did the trick. I can now call up the Webgizmo panel (and all my Sonos players are visible again) but the other problem remains and Webgizmo also shows some unexpected behaviour. This is what happens:

(1) audio works BUT after engaging with audio pressing the Home button returns me not to the Panels screen but to one that has as its only options Audio, Playlists, Search (see attachment)

(2) selecting Video immediately gets me to this screen (attachment). No video is ever shown

(3) selecting Images: see 2.

I am using MC23 and Firefox.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:45:13 pm »

Are you using Panel from the latest build?  Webgizmo is going away.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 02:44:15 am »

I am using 23.0.48.

I do not understand the remark that it is going away. I just received an email in which it is eulogised (as Panels).

Anyway, there has been a slight improvement in that when I now press the Home button I am returned to the panels menu. However, pictures still does not work. Choosing a recent folder it shows a correct thumbnail, but pressing Play does nothing. The same applies to movies. The only thing that does work (after a bit of a delay) is music. When I check network traffic there is little change BUT the CPU was working a lot harder for a little while.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 03:12:21 am »

Update to MC23.0.60 and test again.

There is a lot changing, fast, in Panel, which is replacing WebGizmo.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Panels
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 05:43:10 pm »

I tried on the same machine as MC is running and got the same results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up