INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting Quistion  (Read 788 times)

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Sorting Quistion
« on: June 29, 2003, 02:12:07 pm »

Can i get the Album Column in the liberary panes sorted by Year ?
Tamer

NoCodeUK

Re: Sorting Quistion
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 01:10:37 am »

Kind of.  The way I did this was to create a calculated field using Year - Album.  This then displays the year before it displays the album.  If you replace the Album field in your view scheme with this one then your albums will be sorted by year.  Only problems with this method at the moment are 1- you see the year (hopefully later we'll be able to create calculated schemes where we can mask particular fields from display but still use them in the field) and 2 - if 2 albums came out in the same year they are displayed alphabetically still (I am still trying to work out the best way to sort this one.  It is a rarity that two albums came out in the same year by the same artist but it happens.  The Beatles for example.  One possibility is to also include the month in the display scheme but again this has to be displayed.  The other is to create a custom tag that will display a number in brackets if there are moire than one album in ayear.  In both cases if the data is not present MC will not display it.)

Hope this is all clear.  If you have any questions about it let me know.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: Sorting Quistion
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 02:07:03 am »

Thank You NoCodeUK,
but i hope you add a property in the new panes columns that give us the ability to add a filter in any column like album column for example so we can filter it by year(weather from new to old or old to new)

.. and thanks for your good work :)
Tamer

Pages: [1]   Go Up