INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: convert file format burn thumb drive  (Read 972 times)

geogil

• Recent member
convert file format burn thumb drive
« on: September 22, 2017, 04:27:14 pm »

Hello,

I would like to burn some audio files onto a USB thumb drive from a playlist, but the playback device will only accommodate Mp3 files. However, my library, and the playlists, are linked only to FLAC files.

I am not really sure how to go about it.

Would I have to duplicate the playlist and then convert the files, in the new playlist, to a Mp3 format and  then burn those files onto the thumb drive as a hand held device?

The last time I tried this, the process was slow, and it seemed to take a very long time.

I would appreciate any directions or links to a tutorial; I am using MC 23.

Thank you in advance.
George

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: convert file format burn thumb drive
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:58:24 pm »

The Sync Handheld functionality is built to do exactly that for you. It will both convert and put the results of the conversion onto your thumb drive, if that is what you set it up to do.

If the process is slow that is probably because file conversion takes time, your PC isn't very powerful, or your thumb drive isn't very fast. You could try syncing to a local hard drive sub-directory and then copy to the thumb drive to see if that is faster.

Not that Sync Handheld functionality is only available in the 32bit version of MC, not the 64bit version, as of today. It will be in the 64bit version in a couple of weeks or earlier.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

geogil

• Recent member
Re: convert file format burn thumb drive
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:36:05 pm »

Thank you.
I'll give it a go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up