INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppage IR Blaster not working with 64 bit version  (Read 2159 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Hauppage IR Blaster not working with 64 bit version
« on: September 28, 2017, 08:14:37 am »

Hi,

Would it be possible to get the IR blaster work with the 64 bit version?

More here:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112283.msg777593.html#msg777593

thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Hauppage IR Blaster not working with 64 bit version
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 02:58:16 pm »

As far as I understood it, the hcwirBlast.dll was part of Hauppauge's older WinTV program.  So it may well be that they do not have a 64-bit version.  I can not find any info on their web site.  If you go to their Support page and choose HD PVR 2, you will not find any mentioning of IRBlast.  But if you choose the older device, HD PVR, you will find, under Windows Driver tab, IRBlaster configuration program.  I don't know which program will install hcwirBlast.dll.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 03:34:31 pm »

Hi Yaobbing.

Yes you can find the program under the Colossus and under the IR Blaster Tab. That is the one I'm using.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_colossus.html

I do have the dll installed in the SysWOW folder.  I'M attaching the program which was in the Program (x86) Folder along with the .dll. if that can help you in anyway.  Not sure if the program will work without the capture card.
I can test from my end if you want.

thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 09:58:21 pm »

Yes, the program is available for Colossus/HD PVR, but apparently not for Colossus 2 / HD PVR 2.  I believe the DLL found in SysWOW64 folder is a 32-bit program which can not be loaded into 64-bit MC23.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 06:57:01 am »

Are there "driverless" or "universal" IR blasters available?  Asked another way:  What's the most guaranteed, easiest, most supported IR blaster to use with MC?

Brian.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 09:33:45 am »

Are there "driverless" or "universal" IR blasters available?  Asked another way:  What's the most guaranteed, easiest, most supported IR blaster to use with MC?

Brian.

Without a thorough research, I would just say the blaster that comes with MCE remote kit.  Another option is USB-UUIRT, but I have not verified whether it has trouble with the 64-bit program.

What we know we have trouble with is the IR blaster that comes with Hauppauge HD PVR / Colossus devices.  These are plugged into the Hauppauge devices directly and require drivers from Hauppauge.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 10:53:33 am »

I configured the MCE Blaster with the 64 bit version. A bit of a pain to setup as it needs to learn all the codes from your remote and it can take a while for some buttons until you find the sweet spot where to place the remote (Original Remote a couple of inches away from the MCE IR) for me...You need to pay close attention to the setup window when numbers change and make sure you have some sound to know when each numbers/codes have been learned by MC...

So far so good but pretty much for the same reason I went with the Hauppage blaster years ago there's a long delay when codes are sent and then the first two are sent one right after the other and then followed by a longer delay for the last one...
It's working but I'm afraid this may lead to recordings with the wrong channel...We'll see.  I'll post back on this...

126 ms of delay between seems to be the sweet spot for me but as above, not thoroughly respected compared to the Hauppage Blaster where all numbers are following this delay for all 3 numbers that need to be sent...
Pages: [1]   Go Up