INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shifting subtitles  (Read 1742 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Shifting subtitles
« on: September 25, 2017, 02:55:24 pm »

Being able to shift subtitles below the video (having it in the letterbox-part of the movie)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Shifting subtitles
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 01:43:28 pm »

Being able to shift subtitles below the video (having it in the letterbox-part of the movie)
I hope you haven't been wanting this the past 6 years.  :)

16.0.154 (8/17/2011)
9. NEW: Subtitle shift and size can be set per file, and settings will be saved between plays and runs.

How to do this is explained in the wiki.

"Supports sizing and shifting (global size option in Options > Video, per-video settings available by right-clicking a playing video and using the 'Subtitle' menu)"

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 04:34:51 am »

I hope you haven't been wanting this the past 6 years.  :)

16.0.154 (8/17/2011)
9. NEW: Subtitle shift and size can be set per file, and settings will be saved between plays and runs.

How to do this is explained in the wiki.

"Supports sizing and shifting (global size option in Options > Video, per-video settings available by right-clicking a playing video and using the 'Subtitle' menu)"

I have, maybe i have misunderstood something, but the max shift i can set is down 30%, and that is not nearly enough to get it down to the black bars.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 05:13:18 am »

I have, maybe i have misunderstood something, but the max shift i can set is down 30%, and that is not nearly enough to get it down to the black bars.

Please provide an example.  Movie title and screen shot would help.  I just tried a 2.35:1 movie on a 16:9 screen and only 15% shift moved the subtitles down so that they touched the bottom of the screen (in the black bar area).  Do you have movies that have the subtitles near the top or something like that?

Brian.

flac.rules

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 07:38:56 am »

Please provide an example.  Movie title and screen shot would help.  I just tried a 2.35:1 movie on a 16:9 screen and only 15% shift moved the subtitles down so that they touched the bottom of the screen (in the black bar area).  Do you have movies that have the subtitles near the top or something like that?

Brian.

This is 2.35 on a 4:3 (i just chose the 4:3 to have maxium sized balck bars), 30% upshifted and 30% downshifted.

RD James

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 07:41:38 am »

Use Red October HQ for video playback and have madVR's Zoom Control automatically detect & crop black bars, and move the subtitles.

flac.rules

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 07:50:33 am »

Use Red October HQ for video playback and have madVR's Zoom Control automatically detect & crop black bars, and move the subtitles.

Doesn't seem to do anything (just to be clear, the black bars are not hard-coded into the movie)

RD James

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 08:07:33 am »

Doesn't seem to do anything (just to be clear, the black bars are not hard-coded into the movie)
Cropping black bars should only be necessary if you want to move the subtitles into the picture frame.
If you want them at the bottom of the screen, it should be able to do that without it.

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 08:11:47 am »

This is 2.35 on a 4:3 (i just chose the 4:3 to have maxium sized balck bars), 30% upshifted and 30% downshifted.

I don't get it.  Why are you contriving an example that you would never use?  Presumably you do not have a 4x3 display that you want to watch 2.35:1 content on.  How about a real example?

Brian.

flac.rules

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 08:29:12 am »

I don't get it.  Why are you contriving an example that you would never use?  Presumably you do not have a 4x3 display that you want to watch 2.35:1 content on.  How about a real example?

Brian.

I have 4:3 displays i want to watch a 1:2.35 on, i have 16:9 displays i want to watch 2.35 on, this was an example of the former. The behavior is the same on the 16:9-displays, if it helps, i can make a screenshot from them as well.

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 08:38:37 am »

I have 4:3 displays i want to watch a 1:2.35 on,

My mistake then.  Your screen shot clearly shows the problem you are experiencing.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up