INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request] archive MP4 TAG in own File  (Read 1787 times)

pablo_hp

• Recent member
[Feature Request] archive MP4 TAG in own File
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:40:15 pm »

Hello.
Today the JRiver creates a file called JRSidecar to add the TAGs of the MP4, MKV and AVI files.
I would like to know why the program does this and why the program does not add the TAGS in the file itself.
I would like to take the opportunity and request that the program store the TAGs within the MP4 or MKV video files.
Is it possible or is it impossible to do?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: [Feature Request] archive MP4 TAG in own File
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:46:56 am »

While most containers can be tagged, there is NO accepted format (like ID3 or Vorbis for audio).

So there is no point at all to tag in the file since no other program will read them, and it may even break them in another player.

pablo_hp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 01:15:28 am »

Wait, are you tell me that vídeos don't have any ID3 tags to write info?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 01:20:17 am »

AFAIK MP4 does have a standardised tagging scheme.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 02:11:04 pm »

I just discovered TagScanner, since I needed to re-tag 10 seasons of the Big Bang Theory (MakeMKV tagged them with disc #, etc, which screwed up my plex server naming).

I was able to re-tag all of the files based on my filename of the episodes.  I used the 'Scheme of Filename' in TagScanner as '%Series% - S%Season%E%Episode% - %title%', and now all my episodes have the correct tags.  It was not super fast (probably took about an hour for all 10 seasons), but it worked great.  An example of one of my filenames is "The Big Bang Theory - S01E01 - Pilot".

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 01:12:54 am »

I just discovered TagScanner, since I needed to re-tag 10 seasons of the Big Bang Theory (MakeMKV tagged them with disc #, etc, which screwed up my plex server naming).

I was able to re-tag all of the files based on my filename of the episodes.  I used the 'Scheme of Filename' in TagScanner as '%Series% - S%Season%E%Episode% - %title%', and now all my episodes have the correct tags.  It was not super fast (probably took about an hour for all 10 seasons), but it worked great.  An example of one of my filenames is "The Big Bang Theory - S01E01 - Pilot".
I use MetaX to tag my MP4 and MKV files. It automatically gets the TV or movie info including the cover art from the Internet and like you stores them in the same naming format ready for any media player. For TV it uses the tvdb.

John

pablo_hp

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 08:49:59 am »

Thanks muzicman0 and WeeHappyPixie, but...

I try TagScanner, and they are good to rename files and tag musics, but, videos, they're no so good.

I try MetaX too, it was very good to tag videos.
And they really tag videos.

JRiver only write the info in their library but don´t tag the video, like MetaX really tag.

I wonder why JRiver don't tag videos like MetaX really does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up