INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't understand the youtube download/play/show in browser integration  (Read 1092 times)

DrKNo

• World Citizen

I more or less by accident discovered an absolutely awesome feature. I set my youtube credentials in the options, went to library->video->connected media->youtube, opened a video, and jriver presented me with a popup asking me what to do with the video: Download it, play it in the player or show in the browser. I eagerly clicked play in player and lo and behold, I was able to stream youtube videos to my dlna renderers via jriver. Awesome! However, I have not managed to make this popup show up a second time and I have no idea what I am doing differently. What do I have to do to make the popup reappear? Thanks in advance!

Edit: It seems using google video to search for tracks makes the popup appear much more reliably. Did I understand correctly that not all videos on youtube are supported?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I don't understand the youtube download/play/show in browser integration
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 07:54:52 pm »

Ctrl+Clicking the link will show the popup each time I think, as per the comment in the popup itself.

Correct, not all videos work. In fact in my experience few do, although that depends on what you are trying to watch. I think the advertising and redirects YouTube uses are a big part of the problem. i.e. "File not found" because the links don't take you directly to the file.

Search the forum for "YouTube". Lots of old discussions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up