INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZoneSwitch preventing tracklist from loading in JRemote?  (Read 734 times)

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
ZoneSwitch preventing tracklist from loading in JRemote?
« on: October 15, 2017, 05:13:43 am »

Windows 10 PC
MC23 64-bit
iPad 3
JRemote version 3.22 (latest available for iPad 3)

All my music is on my PC, which I control using JRemote on an iPad. It's a mix of conventional stereo and multichannel so I have one zone set up for conventional stereo playback and another zone set up for multichannel playback. I have set up ZoneSwitch to detect what sort of file is playing and to switch to the correct zone automatically.

The problem is, when ZoneSwitch is enabled, JRemote doesn't show the correct track listing when I finish playing one album and start playing the next. Here is a picture to show you what I mean. In this picture, I have just finished playing Sgt. Pepper and started playing Wagner's Rheingold. The right-hand side of the screen correctly shows that the track now playing is Track 1 ("Vorspiel") of Das Rheingold - but the track listing on the left is still showing the track listing for Sgt. Pepper and tells me I'm playing the title track from that album!

The track listing eventually corrects itself when playback moves on to the second track. Or you can force a correction by pressing the Action button at the top and then pressing "Reload Now Playing".

If I disable ZoneSwitch, this problem disappears. It always happens with ZoneSwitch enabled and never happens with ZoneSwitch disabled.

IIRC ZoneSwitch needs to read the first file in an album to decide which zone to send it to, and my theory is that this process is preventing JRemote from loading the file correctly.

Any help, please?       
Pages: [1]   Go Up