INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Sorting within Theater View  (Read 1455 times)

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Feature Request: Sorting within Theater View
« on: October 15, 2017, 03:12:48 pm »

I would love to have a way to change the sorting of a view within theater view. 

I want to be able to setup my Genre view and choose it's default sorting, which would be alphabetical.  Then, when I am browsing in theater view and I bring up my genre view I want to be able to say to myself, hmm, lets see what new Comedy movies I've gotten recently.  Choose the Comedy Genre and then have a new option for sorting.  I have done a Photoshop mock-up below to show you what I am talking about.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Fedature Request: Sorting within Theater View
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 04:19:24 pm »

You can actually set it up like this to offer different sorting views of your own choosing, which show up as selections in the roller just like that. Any third-level navigation items will show in the roller, so basically just add another level below "Genre" with the various sorting options you would like.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
Re: Feature Request: Sorting within Theater View
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 11:34:29 pm »

Can you provide a bit more detail on how to achieve this?  I have been messing around trying to do what you said and I'm not coming up with anything remotely like what I want.

To be clear, I don't want to create a separate view for each type of view I want.  For example I don't want to create Genre (sorted alphabetically), Genre (sorted by year), Genre (sorted by Date Imported), etc.  I want to create one genre view, with a default sorting of Alphabetical (or whatever) and then have an option on that view to change the sorting.   

Thanks!

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:43:37 am »

Hendrik, a little help please?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:07:20 am »

Actually what I was thinking about has the sorting differences on a view higher then this one, basically on the genre listing, not within a single genre, which may not be quite what you want (and setting it up is a bit non-intuitive).
Maybe adding the option to add a dedicated sort roller item might not be such a bad feature, but I'm not sure when we might be able to do it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up