INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Master License for Remote Access  (Read 1473 times)

DavidMW

• World Citizen
Master License for Remote Access
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:59:13 pm »

I have MC for the Id. If I buy an MC Master License and load it on my Windows 10 computer or Mac, will I have the ability to remotely access my media library located on my NAS at home? Don't know if that is even possible, but wanted to check before proceeding with a possible upgrade. Alternately, I could copy my music library from my NAS to my traveling computer and get the same results. The downside is that will require frequent syncing between machines.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Master License for Remote Access
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:09:32 pm »

Why don't you download and install a trial version?

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:27:48 pm »

I had the trial version before I purchased the Id that has since expired. I thought that syncing the MC library would, in fact, sync my music library located on my NAS (it didn't). If that is possible, then I don't know the MC configuration to remotely access my music library when on travel. Any advice would be helpful.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 06:36:37 am »

The wiki has a topic called Media Network.  Read it, especially about Library Server.

It is possible to use the Id to mount a NAS drive  (please see the Id board here).

It is possible for any version of Media Center to serve its library to another copy of MC or to Gizmo or JRemote or Panel.

Get it running locally before you try from outside your network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up