INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Scheme Groups  (Read 721 times)

dragyn

View Scheme Groups
« on: June 26, 2003, 09:27:24 pm »

Will they make a return to MC? I found them useful keeping audio, images, and videos seperated for one.

One thing I didn't like about them was you couldn't put a group withing a group...sorta like playlist groups. That's something I would want. I don't know if others would find it useful.

Sorting the tree (non-alphabetical) is also something to consider. I know others have been using numbers to keep the tree sorted but I find this to be too messy. Maybe a drag 'n drop system to place view schemes in the preferred order.

What do you think about this?

nila

Re: View Scheme Groups
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 11:37:36 pm »

I DEFINITELY want groups back.

My biggest reason is that I usually create 4 or 5 view schemes for managing my files and I DONT want these adding to the big list I already have in the tree (15 view schemes - all well thought out and needed).
I want to put all my 'task' view schemes in a 'Task' group.

I'd probably also create a few other groups too over time.

I really cant understand why we dont have them back already. They dont hurt anyone - especially if not used for the default views and yet they benefit anyone who wants them.

Sure they might make it more complex for beginners but beginners would never even add them so it wouldnt hurt them.

It just gives us better management ability inside our media management program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up