INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQUEST: Have Get From Internet find cover art even when Album is blank  (Read 819 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe

It seems that Get From Internet lookup of cover art relies on both Artist and Album. But there are situations where a song is not from an Album. In that case it would be nice to have Get From Internet to look up images of the Artist (and perhaps the song Name).

I have a very large music collection, and about 50% is not explicitly from albums -- Album field is blank. But 99% of the tracks are known Artists and known Songs. They just didn't get into my library via albums (or, never appeared on an album, typical of many early pop singles). For these tracks, Get From Internet finds nothing.

How about giving Get From Internet a Plan B when Album is blank? Search only for Artist, and possibly for Artist + song Name. That is what I do separately in a browser and always find some nice image. It would be nicer if MC could do this.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up