INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Tags from MyMovies  (Read 1618 times)

Danilo

Importing Tags from MyMovies
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:11:58 pm »

I use MyMovies as my media collection manager and JRiver as my Media Player. I know JRiver is capable of importing tags from mymovies.xml file BUT one very important tag for me is not being imported, the Collection Number (one of the main variables for organizing media collection on MyMovies software). Nor MyMovies save this tag to JRSidecar.xml neither JRiver imports this tag from mymovies.xml file.

I was wondering if you guys could help me with a simple solution to this, the perfect scenario for me would be JRiver importing the 'Collection Number' tag as 'Catalog #' tag or any other field available on JRiver. Or if this feature could be implemented on next updates would be very nice.

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Importing Tags from MyMovies
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 01:40:10 pm »

I'm not sure how to do this but I've toyed around with My Movies, and I have to say you're much better off with JRiver.

Danilo

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 03:01:36 pm »

I know jachin99 that's why I am here! JRiver is definitely the best media player available today, but in order for me to complete my migration to JRiver I must find a way to import the 'Collection Number' tag from My Movies... and I found out it was not a simple task. I have a collection of more than 6000 DVDs and Blu-rays and they are all organized in a giant cabinet by ascending Collection Number. I need that number to be displayed somewhere on JRiver for me to be able to locate the physical media.

I don't know if this will help but my best try was using the feature "Search and Replace" of "UltraEdit" software. Since all my media is stored in the same folder on a NAS, I commanded UltraEdit to search the term "</Item>" inside all "JRSidecar.xml" files that 'My Movies' have created, and replace with something like: "<Field Name="Catalog #">0001</Field></Item>". But I could not make number 0001, for example, a variable and all my titles ended up with the same Catalog #.

I also tried to use the expressions feature on JRiver but no success.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 04:13:37 pm »

I haven't experimented much with the xml side, but if you make a tag called collection (exactly as it is in my movies) can you get it to populate?

Danilo

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 10:04:04 am »

I can't believe that worked ferday! Thank you so very much, you saved me from a lot of work!

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 09:38:31 am »

Thanks for posting back.  I hadn't ever tried it with the video/xml, now I know it will work!  glad you got it working

Tip: if it isn't working ever, try right clicking and "update tags from file" which will force the tags to try and update
Pages: [1]   Go Up